Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need clarification: Niederlassungserlaubnis under AufenthG §18b

2 posts in this topic

Dear Toytown Community, 

I have a question regarding the Permanent Residency (Niederlassungserlaubnis or NE for short) under the AufenthG§18b. 

The AufenthG §18b is for those who have completed a degree from German Universities, non-EU Blue-Card holder. 

The details can be found here:http:// https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/aufenthg_2004/__18b.html

Now, I am currently working as a Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter with a University which is under the Federal Government. My current visa status is hence under AufenthG §18 Abz. 4, S.1.

My work contract is for 3 years (or 36 months). Out of which I have already finished 22 months. I am planning to apply for NE after I am done making the mandatory 24 months contribution towards the Rentenversicherung (Pension Insurance) fund (in accordance with AufenthG §18b, point number 3). I will be applying from the City of Hamburg, where I am currently posted and where I live.

Now AufenthG §18b connects to AufenthG §9. Over there, paragraph 2, point number 2 asks for a guarantee that my livelihood is secured at the time of application. Now at the time of application, I can show that my livelihood is secured for another 12 months at least (through my Arbeitsvertrag/Work Contract).

The sticking point that I am worried about is - if that (12 months remaining on Arbeitsvertrag) will suffice in fulfilling the requirement stated under AufenthG §9 Abz. 2. S.2 to the satisfaction of the issuing authority. I would be grateful if someone can clarify this with their insight/experience on a matter similar to this one.

Cheers!

I have posted this in a wrong forum. Can the moderator please remove/close this? 
Thank you for your understanding.