What is AMVI???

14 posts in this topic

Hello! I got a call from a Debt Collector about a company in Germany called AMVI that says we owe them money. I have been out or Germany for 4 years and is wondering if any of you have heard of AMVI? I have searched Google and cant find anything on them. Also my wife told me that any debts in Germany older than 2 years falls off and isn't tried to be collected anymore? Is that true?

There are no debt collector calls in Germany, that would automatically have been a scam.

Yes, different traditions in the US, but request your debt in written form. Then you will know how it is spelled, and we will tell you what it is about.

51 minutes ago, MISTERY said:

Also my wife told me that any debts in Germany older than 2 years falls off and isn't tried to be collected anymore?

No so easy. The 3 years expiration date begins from the day the debt is requested for the first time. It seems this day is today. If they can't collect in 3 years it expires. There are also exceptions, unless we know more details we can't help. Some info about debt expiration in German:

https://www.schuldnerberatungen.org/verjaehrung-von-schulden/

Once I get more information I will write an Update. I just haven't heard of AMVI nor has my wife.

just did a quick Google on AMVI- it shows a Medical care company, with centres around the US. There is a Dr. German listed!!

Have you or family member  had any treatment at a medical centre recently in the US?

In English language there is no correlation between pronunciation and spelling.

How do you know it's AMVI and not MV, AMWEE or EMVIE? Even if the spelling is AMVI it is still useful to know if it's a GmbH or AG, location of the company will also help.

7 hours ago, MISTERY said:

Hello! I got a call from a Debt Collector about a company in Germany called AMVI that says we owe them money. I have been out or Germany for 4 years and is wondering if any of you have heard of AMVI? I have searched Google and cant find anything on them. Also my wife told me that any debts in Germany older than 2 years falls off and isn't tried to be collected anymore? Is that true?

Could it have sounded like ay-en-bay-vay? Then it could be ENBW, a gas and electric provider.

Thats just was the person told us. It also shows up on her credit report as AMVI. So I asked the collectors to email us proving documents so that we can see what the heck is going on. I couldnt find anything on here or Google so thats why I asked if any of you heard about it before!

Hi,

I was just wondering did you ever find out who AMVi was and also was the debt collector Dynamic Legal Recovery?  

Nope, we never found out what they were. The debt collectors called once and that was it. After about a month the AMVI fell off of her report. BUT a little back story is it was on her report before, then fell off, then it showed up again in April. So i guess time will tell on this one. also no I don't think that is who they were dG.

Thanks for your quick answer.  Maybe it was dlrfirm?  I am having the same issues with AMVI too. I have some information but don't really want to share on a public forum.  Is there a way you can PM me? email/telegram/what's app?

AND now another Debt Collection company is trying to co " Collect" this debt PLUS Interest. they dont even know WHERE it came from or what AMVI is. This is making no sense at all!!!!

On 9.2.2019, 23:12:49, MISTERY said:

AND now another Debt Collection company is trying to co " Collect" this debt PLUS Interest. they dont even know WHERE it came from or what AMVI is. This is making no sense at all!!!!

If a second company is now coming after you.. its more than likely a true debt that you have simply forgotten...

Gym subscription... Cell contract... somemthing trivial thats just escalated.. 

You need to talk to the original debt collector and ask them who issues the work order..