Dachau for buying apartment and living

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

We, currently living in Munich Bogenhausen, are thinking about buying an apartment in Dachau, as buying a big apartment in Bogenhausen is out of range :angry:

We are not sure, how is Dachau as a whole for living for a family with three children. The children are going to primary school and will go to Gymnasium next years. We would like to have an environment, social and cultural, something similar as we are having right now.

It would be appropriated if someone can give his/er recommendations or experiences.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Rakhal,

My husband grew up in Dachau and we have returned to live here since 2015. We don't have kids, but I can tell you that there are many, many families with kids of all ages, and it's very easy to live here. I perceive it as a great place to live with kids. Everything is incredibly accessible, and there are so many schools! There is a ton of home building going on, and prices are going up in the area as folks like yourself move out of Munich. I think now is a very smart to buy here.

Feel free to message me if I can answer any specifics. Again, apologies that I can't comment specifically on having kids in DAH.

Good luck!

That's great news, rakhal, congratulations! I now know several other people who live here and have kids, so if you'd like to get "plugged in" to the community, I might actually be able to help. :) Feel free to message me. Best of luck with the move!