Doctor for Plantar Wart treatment

21 posts in this topic

Acid at home is not enough at this point, that I did that last year until I got her a doctor to confirm it was warts but he just prescribed more acid last October instead of taking the next step.

I made an appointment made for her with the skin doctor who gives me my regular skin checks against cancer but her has no opening until May and then will probably just reschedule the actual first treatment for a month after that or even later as that practice is all booked up and she needs aggressive treatment on multiple spots.

I tried starting two weeks ago the liquid cold therapy from the pharmacy but she was scared and can tolerate only 15 seconds of it instead of the recommended 40 seconds. Based on first attempt results, 15 seconds is not going to do the job.

Any idea where in Hamburg I can get an appointment to actually start some aggressive treatment?

Any idea what I can do to make having something painfully cold on her foot tolerabe for 40 seconds to her? I tried to distract her with watching videos but still the pain was too much.

Or some other home treatment idea? I know to use disposable gloves, disposable abrasives, et cetera, how to slough off old skin before a treatment go.

I assume you´re talking about a child. How old? What about local anesthesia? There are plasters and creams which contain local anesthetics. However,  I doubt they will work on the plantar area except maybe in very young kids. Sedation is also something to be considered. Or the doc could use such a plaster to apply a "Fußblock" (nerve block anesthesia) i. e. to inject local anesthetic next to the nerve innervating the area he wants to have desensitised. A dermatologist most probably wouldn´t know how to do that. He might need to cooperate with an anesthesiologist. Or you see a surgeon - they should be able to do Fußblocks. Talk to your doc about the options available and where.

As a matter of interest, were the warts bothering her before you started treating them?  With kids, they clear up on their own in most cases.  Less invasive treatment like duct tape can work too.   I remember schools used to be quite hysterical about foot warts and horrible acid burning treatment that was hugely time consuming, often painful and often did not work.  

She is 9.

The acid treatment is not painful to her but the warts themselves are. They are now deep in the skin.

At this point it looks as though her first definitive treatment will not occur before July, as May will be a quick consult only most likely and for some of the warts at this point she may have to be referred to a practice that handles deeper cuts. If any Hamburg TTer knows a skin doctor that might have openings in April please let me know, I am happy with my skin doctor but he's booked up until May for even a brief first consult. Her pediatrician does not have the equipment so told me last autumn to skip them and go right to someone who will actually do the procedures she will need.

In the meantime, as the cold therapy is my only option I will look into that over the counter pain killer cream. I will also contact one of the doctors I know who handles the more invasive procedures (surgery, as opposed to minor topical cuts which my skin doctor does) in case he has an earlier opening. She already has an official warts diagnosis and a history of the acid treatment not clearing up the problem despite regular application over a long period of time.

No, I did not even realise this existed. Thank you Jeba.

I got rid of a plantars wart by using a castor oil/baking soda plaster.

mix castor oil and baking soda til you get a thick paste, put a smear of that over the wart and cover it completely with a bandage.  wash the area and replace the plaster twice a day.

this was a long time ago but if I remember correctly, it took less than a week to see the wart drying out/shrinking and it was gone-gone within about two weeks.  I don't think it works for everyone but worth a try if you have a long wait ahead to see the doc - it's painless too.

Persist with the Wartner freeze therapy. You could try to do 2 x 15 seconds in one session. If you do it three times on separate occasions it really should do it. My 12 year old is undergoing the same and she can only take 15 seconds or so too. Get your daughter to exhale deeply when it gets critical. I have used this on myself successfully. It is radical but effective in my experience.

I had a doctor that had a weird cure.  I tried freezing etc. and it kept coming back.  He gave me a flu shot into the wart.  It looked like a little marble where he injected it for a few minutes but it worked!  Don't ask me the science behind it. I just know that it was effective for me in my case and it isn't bad to get the flu shot anyway.  He told me that it was not a standard or approved procedure but since there was no harm in it I gave it a try and was glad I did.

I had warts all over one of my fingers. The whole top of the finger was like one huge wart, as it kept spreading. I'd been treating it for over a year with conventional as well as home remedies, but nothing helped. It was very painful.

I am going to tell you what helped but I beg you not to judge me. I just did it and it worked.

I was working in a hospital at the time so I asked one of the nurses I worked with. She said she knew of something which had worked for her son. She would tell me but please please don't mention it to a doctor, and don't judge, Just do it.

She said this: wait for the full moon. Hold the finger up to the full moon and yell at the wart to go away. Then cover it in plasters, wait two days, remove the plasters, and it would be gone.

This had worked for a wart on her son's foot/ toe. It was a cure her grandmother had taught her.

Now, this is a very sensible, very capable nurse in a high position at the hospital. So obviously I followed her instructions!

I did as she had said. I cursed the wart holding it up to the full moon, and ordered it to go, then covered it in plasters.

Two days later I removed the plasters. The wart was gone. Not a trace of it was left after another day.

I swear this happened. I have witnessess for "before and after" though no one witnessed the actual "treatment".

I said: don't judge! You're judging! You're saying I'm off my head!

4 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

I said: don't judge! You're judging! You're saying I'm off my head!

I would say that there are a lot of things in this world that we simply do not understand, and therefore say they do not exist, or cannot work.

A friend of mine went to see a Warzen-anbieter in Garmisch because she had a wart on her finger.

Well, two weeks after the visit, her finger looked perfectly normal again!

In the past I've used conventional methods for warts. In the UK I had several small warts all over the soles of my feet. I had them frozen out one by one. It was very painful, in fact I could not even walk on the respective foot afterwards (doc did one foot at a time) but it did cure them.

1 hour ago, arunadasi said:

IShe said this: wait for the full moon. Hold the finger up to the full moon and yell at the wart to go away. Then cover it in plasters, wait two days, remove the plasters, and it would be gone.

My (NHS) GP told me to will the wart onto the nose of someone I did not like.  Wart went, but did not see if it had ended up where I had wished it.

21 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

Warts obviously have a secret life of their own!

indeed.  They have very low self esteem as well.  I'm not surprised that screaming hateful things at them would work - drives them over the edge to wart suicide!

kidding aside, I do think the body can do interesting and even amazing things when we are mentally convinced it's possible.  

I knew a woman who laughed away a brain tumor the size of a lemon.  Her doctors flipped out saying "impossible!" - yet, regardless of their expert opinions, it was gone. 

Even if it hadn't worked, her spirits were notably higher via laughter "therapy" and if you're going to go, it's great to be able to enjoy your last days to the fullest.  She won twice!

And of course warts do away a lot of the time without mecial treatment.  The immune systerm can take a while to do it.

8 hours ago, lisa13 said:

indeed.  They have very low self esteem as well.  I'm not surprised that screaming hateful things at them would work - drives them over the edge to wart suicide!

When you yell at them they slink away in shame.

I have to say, I feel kinda bad for warts.  They just have no redeeming qualities to speak of.

poor things