Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need advice for overnight stay in Hamburg

11 posts in this topic

I arrive at 11am on 20th June. A friend is arriving from the uk at shortly after  1500. I'm going to wait for her then we both travel by train to Flensburg for a Ladies' Weekend. Where's a good place to wait with a book at the airport? 

If the weather is nice you could sit on the viewing balcony where you can observe planes landing. There's a few cafes and a Mcdonalds right next to it, so you can grab a coffee and sit out there.

I think this is what happened in Atlanta last year - power outage that closed down the airport. 

I hope your relatives get sorted, john g.

Our visitors are on a replacement flight leaving from Hannover at 4 am tomorrow!!! They´ll be knackered!! So plenty of beer and wine and stuff in the fridge before they fall asleep:P---they´re young..they can handle it!!!

They´ll be in our part time place at the next village on the coast for their stay!!!

What a view this evening!

IMG_9257.JPG

Yeah, Hamburg's not the biggest of airports (but still ginormous when compared to Lübeck). You could hang around the airport, but with 6 hours to burn, I'd just take the S-Bahn to Jungfernstieg and plant my bottom on the Alster (pending decent weather, obviously). Just make sure to get into the correct end of the train on the way back, or end up in Ohlsdorf. Unless you want to visit world's largest rural cemetery (whatever that means), where I believe it might be nice and peaceful for reading