Meetup for german-learners

18 posts in this topic

Are there people who want to meet and talk german 2-3 times a week? We could combine this with walking in park (Schwabing, OlimpiaPark, Neuhausen, ...)?

Or even long-distance walking 5-20km),  games on fresh air, tee/cafe, etc.

A team of 5-6 people would be ideal, in my opinion.

No age restrictions :)

My current level is B1. But any levels are welcome. Willingness to practice german (to ask questions abt german, to discuss rules, etc) is the main criteria )

The idea is to focus on german for some 1-2 hours. And (when possible) to combine this with some physical activity (wandern bei gutem wetter, etc) )

I am not sure how successful this Meetup was or if it went anywhere but I have been looking for groups of people with whom to practice German with as I do not know anyone in Germany. Is this still goin on?

Hi, I would like to join in. I live very close to Olympia Park. When are these meet ups? I'm OK with group or even with just one person. My German is not very good. I stopped going to language course just before completing A2. I need to practice speaking German before I start classes again. 

Just a suggestion from a group I attended years ago: 

It is really useful to have at least one German native speaker present who can definitively say "its dem, not  den" etc. to prevent copying/learning poor grammar from one another!

I would like to join as well, and can assist any native Spanish speakers who may be interested in trying to practice their German with a predominately English speaking group.

Since this thread has not been replied to by the original poster in some time, I'd like to suggest to whoever is interested that we just form a time/day and place to meet up and practice. 

Also interested.  Visit Munich regularly from UK and live in Neuhausen while here.  German to school standard (a while ago now) but need to talk it much more.  

Ok great! Do any of you know where Hirsch Garten is? You can get there from the main hbf in Munich. I live outside of Munich so this is a convenient location for me and it is a central quiet location with a bier Garten as well. 

Maybe on around noonish on Saturday or Sunday? 

Hirsch Garten is fine with me - easy cycle ride.  Sonntag ist fuer mich am besten aber Samstag geht notfalls auch wenn es fuer die anderen besser ist. Assume you will advise by another post.

Hi everyone! Maybe not three times a week, but I'm in for occasional meetups. I'm a native German speaker by the way, so I could practice some German with you and answer your questions. Just leave a message in this thread, I'll keep checking it from time to time. Enjoy the early summer afternoon in the Biergarten!

I’m in the Biergarten enjoying the sun, the band and a beer. If anyone else is here, I’m close to the entrance near the Steckerlfische hut.  Maroon shirt. 

To anyone that showed up last Sunday to the bier garten, I apologize. I was not getting any notifications to my phone from this webpage. I would like to reschedual the meet up for this sunday but to ensure it goes a little more smoothly if you use the whatsapp or telegram applications I would apprecite if you private message me for my number and we could start a chat group for this thread that way? This isn't a requierment. Just thought it may make things a little easier