What is the average cost of a nanny for a 1 year old ~4 hrs a day?

11 posts in this topic

Hi all, does anyone know what kind of money we would have to be ready to pay a nanny that would come to our apartment to look after our 1 year-old and maybe additionally do some cleaning? Say 4-5 hours per day, 5 days a week.

In some old threads I read that ~10 euros per hour is an average rate (is this still the case?), however we're talking about 80 hrs per month, so will this be less? Do we have to do some formal stuff (insurance, social security etc.)?

I'd be very grateful for any help :)

cheers!

For just taking care of the kid it should be around 10 EUR but no way they will clean as well on top of that for that price.  Probably something around 12,50 EU to 15 EUR per hour.  And my experience is in Berlin which is a bit cheaper.

Hi Slavko,

We are in the same position as you were. Were you able to find a good nanny and what was the wages?

thank you,

yalsik

Hey, sorry for my late response. We only spoke with one person and she suggested that for such a schedule (5 days x 4h every day) she would want 10 EUR per hour.

Eventually, due to formal issues we decided to send our daughter to a crash. You would have to find out if you exceed a certain amount of money, you would have to officialy hire the nanny, pay her social security etc... :)

best,

Slawek

2 hours ago, RedMidge said:

Please tell me it was  to a Crèche  you sent your treasure ?!!!:)

I don't know, with my daughter it is more like a car crash!!

3 hours ago, slavko said:

Eventually, due to formal issues we decided to send our daughter to a crash.

I assume you mean a crèche (Krippe), but how were you able to get into one on such short notice?  I don't know about Frankfurt but in Darmstadt you need to apply about a year in advance.

thanks for your response Slawek, at the moment we have spoken to few experienced people, and we have been quoted 15 Euros an hour. We have been looking at Kitas too, but we would like to send our child, when he turns 1 in February. And to be honest, it is some what of an herculean task to find something :(

You can check as well with a Tagesmutter, it is like a mini-Kita for 4 or 5 kids, normally run in the house of the person.   It is quite good for small kids.

Hey all,

I guess you're all right what I meant was a "crèche" :-D Sorry for this silly mistake ;-)

We already were on a waiting list for some time before, but ideally would have someone 1-on-1 with our daughter. Since this didn't work out we were given a place at the crèche ;-) just about at the time we started to worry what we would do.

best,

Slawek

On 04/10/2018, 17:03:22, slavko said:

We only spoke with one person and she suggested that for such a schedule (5 days x 4h every day) she would want 10 EUR per hour.

Cash under the table or properly documented? 10€/hr gross seems a little low for Frankfurt.

On 05/10/2018, 08:24:56, yalsik said:

we have spoken to few experienced people, and we have been quoted 15 Euros an hour.

Keep in mind that you also need to budget for the employer's social security contributions.