Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I woke up blind in one eye this morning

428 posts in this topic

That is awful, John! Hope it goes well! Do let me know if you find the beer machine -- I have a conference to attend at that medical school at the beginning of May. 

4 hours ago, john g. said:

I´ll take pics of the nurses for Guest!:lol: 

Don’t worry about that, just get yourself better and back here ASAP. 

I’ll be swearing in your general direction for you. Bighugs. 

John, please please PLEASE listen to Panda and get on a plane to Germany if there is even the slightest delay on Crete!! This must be handled like today.

Call ahead and have the operation prepared.

If you go to Germany and need help there, we'll ask around which local TTers could assist.

Hell, in a pinch come to Munich and stay at my place!

*swears like a sailor*

I sent John a PM and a Skype message reiterating Panda's very valid points and recommendation to go to Germany.

Now all we can do is wait. *deep sigh*.

Just saw that it is way more than just a bleed.  This really needs urgent treatment/surgery.

I have no idea about Greek Health care, and can only agree with PandaMunich that a speedy return to Germany and the Hamburg hospital would be in your best interests for treatment.

On 3/14/2018, 12:55:11, franklan said:

Dear Metall, while a really like the fact that you actually help people, I have the urge to point out the "Bayrische Berufsordnung für Ärzte", §7 (4),

http://www.blaek.de/pdf_rechtliches/haupt/BO%2076.%20Bay%20AT%20final%20%2021122017_1.pdf

"Der Arzt darf individuelle ärztliche Behandlung, insbesondere auch Beratung, nicht ausschließlich über Print- und Kommunikationsmedien durchführen. Auch bei teleme-dizinischen Verfahren ist zu gewährleisten, dass ein Arzt den Patienten unmittelbar behandelt."

That "skyping" you did with another member that you have met previously is very likely legal, however, using the forum to help members you've never met before is very likely not.

Just make sure no greedy Rechtsanwalt reading here tries to press some money out of your willingness to help.

On 3/14/2018, 1:37:47, franklan said:

Well, I still like your helpfulness, but I do not share your opinion concerning this legal issue. The following quotes are diagnosis/consultation, which is a very thin ice (concerning the legality)) for a real medical doctor.  

Stay clean. Watch your wallet.

On 3/14/2018, 4:07:16, PandaMunich said:

Or what?! 

So you are threatening Metall?

What does that make you?

Answer: a bully, or even a Denunziant.

Please enlighten us: are you a judge?

:lol: Pfffft!  

How you came to that conclusion Panda, I will never know. 

Anyone with an ounce of sense can see that franklan is simply saying watch out for Ambulance Chasers. 

25 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

How you came to that conclusion Panda, I will never know. 

It's self-evident to a German.

He's German, I'm German, this was a threat.

Oh lordy. So sorry to hear about john g. Seems Nicole is staying home to hold down the fort and nurse her back. Does anyone have any contact info for her? Do they have a home phone number (business) or just cells? Oh how I wish I could hope over there and help her out in John's absence.

I hate these times when one feels so helpless.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Oh lordy. So sorry to hear about john g. Seems Nicole is staying home to hold down the fort and nurse her back. Does anyone have any contact info for her? Do they have a home phone number (business) or just cells?

John's profile lists his professional Web page, there are contact addresses and numbers on there. I've refrained from contacting via that channel, but if there is no news soon I might. You go ahead.

So glad you had the opportunity to post. 

Thinking of you as you go through all of this, and hoping for a great outcome tomorrow.

Funnily enough, the one doc said " you have three tears in the eye" and I thought " that sounds good- tears are wet and the eye feels dry "...

Erm, he had mispronounced " tears "😂

Thanks for checking in!!! Sorry you have to wait another day for the operation. Will you get to go home after or must you stay for observation? 

Sending good ju ju to you and Nicole!!

John, I still beg you to fly home.

But above all, best wishes for a successful procedure and speedy recovery!

Let us know if you need anything, do not hesitate to ask.

(Durn, need some insurance. Don't leave us in the lurch! ;) )

Thanks for keeping us posted, John. 

34 minutes ago, john g. said:

Just walked past the hospital morgue

Well, at least you haven't lost your special brand of humour. :lol:

39 minutes ago, john g. said:

Funnily enough, the one doc said " you have three tears in the eye" and I thought " that sounds good- tears are wet and the eye feels dry "...

Erm, he had mispronounced " tears "😂

Shit man,sounds nasty..

A few years ago my daughter poked me in the eye (was an accident, or I hope it was, she was only around a year old at the time). Her nail went through the upper and lower covering thing on my eye (not sure of the term, in German it is hornhaut).

Took a LONG LONG time to heal completely. I learned over a long time to never open my eyes when I wake up as over night my eye would dry out, my eye lid would stick the injured but and when I opened my eye....
30 minutes of pain and eye watering.

Even today, when I wake up, I move my eyes when they are closed first.

*sigh* Yes, it sounds like a difficult situation for John just now.

However, eye surgery is very advanced these days, and the international transmission of medical knowledge is quick and thorough.

A great deal can be done!