I woke up blind in one eye this morning

739 posts in this topic

Fourth馃槀馃憤馃憤

Next step: 9 am tomorrow! Check up at the lovely Egyptian eye doc's place tomorrow!!

I had an ice cream in the park this afternoon! I could even see it with my " bad " eye open!!

John, it's a gas! :D

From what you've been saying and joking about, your vision seems to have improved greatly. :)

I'd say do regular checkups (eye pressure etc.), and if anything happens while in Greece hop on a flight to that excellent clinic in Hamburg.

No more excuses - work! We need more insurance! :D

Now for the teeth blog...

Happy for you聽 John,聽 Check out my forum when you find the time.

Blimey! ( Yes, I know the origin of the word!).聽

Just closed the good eye and peered down with the " bad eye." NO red gas there... NONE!!!聽

This had made my weekend, month, year... whatever. I am even happily paid a tax bill today!馃き

( Well, I swore a bit less!!)

Well, now you know what you get for your taxes ( that you often complain about),聽or could you have paid for your eye treatment yourself? And now you're going to tell me that you have, through the years, right:rolleyes:?

Actually, I am paying by myself! Nothing to do with tax! I was in Greece for ten years and got out of the German system and did an international insurance because it is useless in Greece anyway! Cash for foreigners, baby!馃槀

Back here- Selbstzahler. Ok!聽

Nothing to do with tax in Germany! I have paid German tax the whole time in Greece because the insurance companies didn't聽聽think it was a good idea that someone should live elsewhere outside Germany as an insurance broker. So much for internationalism. Spiessig ohne Ende.聽I checked this before leaving Germany! So, to keep my licence here, I paid German tax without living here.

Sorry to disappoint you馃槀

Edit: yes, have paid for eye treatment all those years in Greece. They don't do receipts down there. Waste of time with health insurance invoices... you, erm , don't get them!

When I ended up in hospital down there.. eye stuff.. I didn't even get an Entlassungsbericht聽聽for future docs to look at.

The docs in Hamburg the other week were a bit nonplussed but last week or so an Egyptian eye doc ( wonderful guy鉂わ笍) for my Kontrolle said " Ich verstehe. Habe zwei griechischen Kollegen. Ist so."

AND I can't resist... a couple of years ago, Nicole and I went to a hairdresser. She 聽told us her best friend lived in Germany and loved it. The schools worked, the streets were clean etc! " I would like to live in Germany."

Moi: " you have to pay tax in Germany for that stuff."

She: " oh.. I didn't know that."

I had my haircut. And smiled.

Not at all disappointed; happy you know what taxes pay for:), so聽why聽 the complaints?

Just one more question;); you pay yourself now because you haven't yet got back into the German system? Because surely you had German health insurance before going to Crete? Otherwise I've heard of some good brokers here on TT聽 that could help you:D. All the best!

16 hours ago, Elljay said:

Not at all disappointed; happy you know what taxes pay for:), so聽why聽 the complaints?

馃槀

Everybody complains about taxes!聽Standard human reaction! I pay them as I know a functioning system requires that! It doesn't mean I LIKE paying tax馃槑馃き

My " complaint聽聽" was that I paid into the German tax system for 10 years without living here because I had to!!!

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

You HAD to live in Greece?

:D

Yes, dear!鉂わ笍鉂わ笍鉂わ笍

It was our revolutionary idea!!

19 hours ago, Elljay said:

Just one more question;); you pay yourself now because you haven't yet got back into the German system? Because surely you had German health insurance before going to Crete? Otherwise I've heard of some good brokers here on TT聽 that could help you:D. All the best!

馃槀

I will google myself re what to do next!馃ぃ

I am an expert into getting foreigners into a system nobody understands!鉂わ笍馃槀

Ha! So I had a final check today 聽before I fly off to Crete next week for a month. Eye drops to take with me, must go to聽聽my eye doc there in a fortnight's time to check the eye pressure and have another appointment here in Hamburg on Oct 6th because... well, anyway , but also because the " good eye " is having some problems... a cataract must be removed and an artificial lens must be inserted!

Doc says " easy peasy " and will medium term improve my diopter from minus 5 to minus 3.

Sounds good!馃憤馃憤

Es ist so weit! Tomorrow morning, 8.15, grey star removal and the insertion of an artificial lens in the " good " eye!

So probably unable to read emails properly for a few days and poor timing for watching the World Cup!馃槀

Saka! You beaut you!馃憤馃憤

2 hours ago, john g. said:

Es ist so weit! Tomorrow morning, 8.15, grey star removal and the insertion of an artificial lens in the " good " eye!

Good luck!

From the NHS website, you are supposed to clean your eye after the surgery only with cooled-off boiled water.

But you're not supposed to do housework.

Now pondering whether boiling water counts as housework聽:D

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cataract-surgery/recovery/

10 hours ago, john g. said:

So probably unable to read emails properly for a few days and poor timing for watching the World Cup!馃槀

Saka! You beaut you!馃憤馃憤

Its not so bad, you can still drink beer !!!

Good luck

So far so good! Didn't feel a thing! Have now taken the eye patch off and can see better without glasses than with. ( Too late to have watched Argentina-Saudi Arabia but you can't have everything in life馃槀)...

B52901E4-1685-4B43-A82F-2DC7177D1386.jpeg