I woke up blind in one eye this morning

712 posts in this topic

I just spoke to John in the clinic on Skype!

He sends his love to TT friends and enemies alike :D and is in good cheer.

He needs to lie down a lot today and move carefully when talking short walks (no pushups! no bending over! no sports!), also was cracking jokes and giving me insurance advice again. ;)

John will be be going home (German home) Thursday latest it seems.

I'll leave all the details to him when he turns up later, just told him TT is back up again (thanks, MAM).

Thamk you for the good news Metali i wanted to call John via Skype nut it miight be too hard for his eyes,

Thanks for the update, Metall!

Glad to hear he is doing well, even if he isn´t up to running a marathon right now :)

I guess if he is up to giving insurance advice, he can´t be doing too badly, can he?!

4 hours ago, Magmax said:

Thamk you for the good news Metali i wanted to call John via Skype nut it miight be too hard for his eyes,

Send him a message on Skype and ask! That is the simplest way, he'll tell you if he feels like talking or messaging. :)

3 hours ago, robinson100 said:

Thanks for the update, Metall!

Glad to hear he is doing well, even if he isn´t up to running a marathon right now :)

I guess if he is up to giving insurance advice, he can´t be doing too badly, can he?!

He enjoyed the distraction, said the hospital was quite boring. :)
He'd rather work, handle the house sale, help Nichole  etc.

Morning, all😂

Have to stay another day... some bleeding in the retina area but they say that is normal after such an Eingriff.

Compromise! Eye patch has come off.. yippee! Can't see a thing out of the right eye even without the patch but I was pre-warned about that! It'll take time!

Joked with the doc from the other day with the Garfunkel haircut. Even called him Herr Garfunkel this morning. His reply: " do you remember 1967?"😂

Get lamb curry at midday today!😎😎👍👍!

4 minutes ago, john g. said:

Morning, all😂

Have to stay another day... some bleeding in the retina area but they say that is normal after such an Eingriff.

Compromise! Eye patch has come off.. yippee! Can't see a thing out of the right eye even without the patch but I was pre-warned about that! It'll take time!

Joked with the doc from the other day with the Garfunkel haircut. Even called him Herr Garfunkel this morning. His reply: " do you remember 1967?"😂

Not 1966 !!

4 minutes ago, john g. said:

Get lamb curry at midday today!😎😎👍👍!

At least soon you will be able to study them there Nurses again :)

All the best

😂

While the cat's away! Nicole just sent me a picture of a beautiful Cretan woman blowing kisses at me!!

I recognise the face! At Nicole's favourite shoe shop!😂😂

066CD7BD-950F-4677-A442-B92409F97E01.jpeg

Relax, hope the lamb curry was tasty- enough chutney?!

All good wishes for a speedy recovery and return to the Island!

Hospital curry, RedMidge! No chutney, no spiciness..😩

I should have known better!😂

Metali  c called John today and spoke to him, He is in a good mood.

3 hours ago, Magmax said:

Metali  c called John today and spoke to him, He is in a good mood.

Good on you! :)

I am pleased to say the discharge report described the op as " komplikationslos."👍

It warns not to fly till the gas they inserted to replace the silicon has been absorbed (?) - apparently about ten days if I am careful and - seriously!- " not to have any other operation in the meantime using laughing gas as a method of narcosis!!😂

I have an array of antibiotics and drops and have just made a " Kontrolltermin " for next Monday with a local eye doc!