I woke up blind in one eye this morning

714 posts in this topic

I phoned the hospital today! " Volle Narkose?  Are you sure I'll wake up again."

" Yes, I'm sure."

" Ok, I have a private room. I want great coffee."

She: " not sure about that."

😂

On 7/18/2022, 8:29:39, Magmax said:

Hi John I hope everything goes well for you.

Yes, I agree, all the best! When is your appointment?

Hi  Mwtali . How are you? That is my question too.

On 3/13/2018, 11:56:09, john g. said:

I can hardly see out of my right eye since this morning... a film floating around when I close my left eye... got eyedrops (Optofresh) but paranoid... no pain but can't see. Can someone please reassure me before I go to a doctor tomorrow? Do whatever you want, swear, curse, joke, anything... :(

Ach mein Gott!...   masturbation at your age? johnny Geewiz?

Such an echo here

Or are you just seeing double?

Such an echo here

Or are you just seeing double?

Quite nice in my room at Barmbek Hospital today. Sun shining through. Lunch taken. They just brought me apple pie and coffee as well!

Luis from Colombia is my menu guy! 

Dunno what use that admittedly large TV on the  wall is- this is the Augenabteilung and they have checked both my eyes today and no way can I watch telly!

Am on the fourth floor. Haven't spotted the morgue here yet on my walk around the corridors to stave off boredom.

I think I have managed to persuade them I don't want the Vollnarkose tomorrow. " Herr Gunn, can you lie still on your back for half an hour?"

" I do that every night when I fall asleep."

So it looks like a jab might do ( close to the eye??)😩😎😡

There'a mini bar in my room. Bloody useless one with water, coca cola etc. Where's the Jever? Or even a dry white wine? These are puritanical times! When  I were a lad, you could drink Guinness  in hospital and have a surreptitious joint in the smoker's room.😂😂

And, apparently , I won't even be allowed to eat or drink during the operation!

Is it air conditioned? That's what I hate about hospitals in the summer.

Wishing you an uncomplicated and successful surgery, my friend.

4 minutes ago, john g. said:

All the best my friend. Hope it is smooth and uncomplicated and you have the results you wish for.

Just met the second of the two docs who will operate! I asked him if he was a proper eye doc rather than an orthopaedic surgeon or ear, nose and throat type and he answered in the affirmative!

When I smiled and said ( despite his mask covering) he had " einen geilen Simon & Garfunkel Haarschnitt  ", he answered in English: " I know.. I'm that age!"..

I like this place! 😂

Good luck, John. Hope your surgery goes well.

3 hours ago, john g. said:

Quite nice in my room at Barmbek Hospital today. Sun shining through. Lunch taken. They just brought me apple pie and coffee as well!

Luis from Colombia is my menu guy! 

Dunno what use that admittedly large TV on the  wall is- this is the Augenabteilung and they have checked both my eyes today and no way can I watch telly!

Am on the fourth floor. Haven't spotted the morgue here yet on my walk around the corridors to stave off boredom.

I think I have managed to persuade them I don't want the Vollnarkose tomorrow. " Herr Gunn, can you lie still on your back for half an hour?"

" I do that every night when I fall asleep."

So it looks like a jab might do ( close to the eye??)😩😎😡

There'a mini bar in my room. Bloody useless one with water, coca cola etc. Where's the Jever? Or even a dry white wine? These are puritanical times! When  I were a lad, you could drink Guinness  in hospital and have a surreptitious joint in the smoker's room.😂😂

And, apparently , I won't even be allowed to eat or drink during the operation!

All the best and wishing you a speedy recovery! :)

They're going to take out the silicon and replace it with gas! I hope it's laughing gas!😂

Good luck John and when you get better Have a loook at my new siote, My gift to Toytowners . 'not competition . All are welcome.

John, I wish you all the best for your procedure! You have little to lose and much to win!

Call me any time! (Fancy women still telling you that!! :D )

16 minutes ago, Metall said:

John, I wish you all the best for your procedure! You have little to lose and much to win!

Call me any time! (Fancy women still telling you that!! :D )

They still say that, Metall , but, nowadays , ask if they can reverse the charges!😂

I’m in the burbs of Athens now for a night @john g. and I enjoyed dinner on the beach at the tavern.  😋  Thought of you and all of your wonderful stories and pictures from Greece.  Couldn’t help but look at every single dog and skinny kitty.  😂  Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.  Can’t wait to see you back in business again.  😊