Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I woke up blind in one eye this morning

399 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2018, 10:18:36, john g. said:

At the eye doctor right now

Okay, so John was at the Doc's two hours ago - where the hell is he now?

I sure hope he is okay!!!

On 3/14/2018, 10:54:21, Metall said:

Dear Kommentarlos, I am a full medical doctor, just so you know.

Dear Metall, while a really like the fact that you actually help people, I have the urge to point out the "Bayrische Berufsordnung für Ärzte", §7 (4),

http://www.blaek.de/pdf_rechtliches/haupt/BO%2076.%20Bay%20AT%20final%20%2021122017_1.pdf

"Der Arzt darf individuelle ärztliche Behandlung, insbesondere auch Beratung, nicht ausschließlich über Print- und Kommunikationsmedien durchführen. Auch bei teleme-dizinischen Verfahren ist zu gewährleisten, dass ein Arzt den Patienten unmittelbar behandelt."

That "skyping" you did with another member that you have met previously is very likely legal, however, using the forum to help members you've never met before is very likely not.

Just make sure no greedy Rechtsanwalt reading here tries to press some money out of your willingness to help.

5 minutes ago, franklan said:

Just make sure no greedy Rechtsanwalt reading here tries to press some money out of your willingness to help.

Does that also go for all of us non doctors who share medical experiences along with the advice to go to a doctor? I've only seen Metall being helpful and trying to calm people down while telling them to see a doctor or what kind of doctor they should see.

I don't treat people, I don't tell them what to do, and I don't write bills for anything.

I just voice an opinion on what doctor to consult.

On 3/14/2018, 1:04:06, fraufruit said:

Does that also go for all of us non doctors who share medical experiences along with the advice to go to a doctor?

Probably, yes.  Germany is the land of sue everyone for everything.  Despite the fact germany also has a massive "alternative" (ie fake) health system with all kinds of baloney like Homeopathy dished out as if its medicine.

On 3/14/2018, 1:20:01, Metall said:

I don't treat people, I don't tell them what to do, and I don't write bills for anything.

Y

our medical 'suggestion' a few years ago possibly saved my husband's life. We are eternally grateful.  

On 3/14/2018, 1:20:01, Metall said:

I just voice an opinion on what doctor to consult.

Well, I still like your helpfulness, but I do not share your opinion concerning this legal issue.

The following quotes are diagnosis/consultation, which is a very thin ice (concerning the legality)) for a real medical doctor.  

This could be be a harmless but annoying eye floater / mouche volante.

Do you see a halo around lamps? Is the affected eye harder (try gentle press with a finger) than the other? Then it's high ocular pressure.

I DO NOT think it is retinal detachment, as you are not talking about white flashes.

I still think this could be a comparatively harmless corneal infection.

Stay clean. Watch your wallet.

Greets, everyone, and thanks for your concern.

There is bleeding at the back of the eye and i have to have a scan tomorrow morning in another town. IF it´s a detached retina- operation asap in hospital. If not, then I will find out which creams or whatever for the next two weeks.

Now just back home..out with the dogs soon.:(

john g.: Please move quickly on this! At the slightest indication of retinal detachment, you need immediate laser surgery.

Do not hesitate to go to a major city or even Germany for this.

All the best, John.

On 3/14/2018, 10:54:21, Metall said:

I am a full medical doctor, just so you know. I am however retired, and no diagnosis was made.

Oh, so amateur status then. OK. Good to know. 

Perhaps you could make a disclaimer like the cat lady from Munich that that used to post and pretend she was a qualified practicing lawyer. She got it in the end :)

E,g, "I DO NOT THINK ... but I could be wrong because this is something I used to do / barely ever did (delete as appropriate) but don't / can't / am not allowed to (delete as appropriate) do any more. Perhaps things have moved on and perhaps my reading is probably not as up to date as it could be, real patients are a distant memory, my ongoing training and credentials are not kept up to date with the Ärtzekammer, never mind my professional insurances. Hmm. Perhaps I could reaccredit with the Trump University. Do they do a qualification in Internet Doctors?"

Glad I didn't step in early, although my first thought was retinal detachment.  Modern medicine uses lasers, and it's no longer necessary to lie immobilized, sandbags on either side of the head, for a week or ten days before learning if treatment has been successful.  I hope @john g. will have a happy resolution and will soon be walking all the village dogs, with full binocular vision.

John still has a very good chance it's nothing serious like that.

And even if it should be, the treatment for that is painless, quick, and quite successful. Not a picnic of course, but perfectly doable.

Thanks, Metall and katheliz! I´m not really quiet..just busy...my Nicole has had some kind of very painful Hexenschuss since this morning do I´m doing double shifts with the dogs!:( AND trying to get as many people as possible into health insurance (public ) in case things deteriorate and I can´t write at all- including one woman who needs an operation and isn´t insured yet...she got priority today!

Just remembering one of my favourite bands - Supertramp!

PS: just remembered one rainy evening in London and waiting for a bus..an old lady asked me " what´s the number on that bus down there?`"

Me: " what bus? "

Had tired eyes that evening! (Or maybe the Leb had been too strong..." ):D

Summary: from  a distance of two metres/6 feet, I can see the picture perfectly with my left eye and ZERO with the right eye..the picture doesn´t exist! Time to change it? Wrong colours?:P

IMG_8973.JPG

..and my daughter ( with the hair all over the place ) doesn´t exist with my right eye...:angry:

IMG_8974.JPG

John, good luck with the scan tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed it's nothing too serious.

6 hours ago, Metall said:

@john g. : Please move quickly on this! At the slightest indication of retinal detachment, you need immediate laser surgery.

Do not hesitate to go to a major city or even Germany for this.

All the best, John.

I second that.

Time is of the essence if it is retinal detachment.

I will be keeping everything that I don't desperately need crossed for you tomorrow, John!