I woke up blind in one eye this morning

518 posts in this topic

Keep the resting going, you may need to practice a lot but the more you do the better it will be in the long term. Hope you carry on getting better

17 hours ago, RedMidge said:

Glad to her progress in treatment. After my laser, I was told not to read for  24 hours, keep head down when sitting .   All is good now- so am sure you will be fine.

How did your treatment go? How long did it take to heal, and much sight was regained?

4 minutes ago, Metall said:

How did your treatment go? How long did it take to heal, and much sight was regained?

Within a week, blurring, was gone, and vision has been fine since- 6-7 years. Annual checks with retinal photos, shows the area is well healed and secure.

Thinking of John G and hope it goes well.

I just read my last post- should have been- not to read for 24 hours!

Off to the doc in the morning. Can he finish the lasering or is the blood vessel still misbehaving? I think the latter😟

Eyesight ok for the SmartPhone but tough on the regular computer screen..

I will be equipped with my Emergency Movement Document with details of why I/we will be in town. There is an English version but I have to fill in and carry the Greek version plus passport.

Word has it the police have been imposing the first on-the-spot fines for non-compliance.

Fair enough , as far as I’m concerned. Greeks don’t like following rules but this one , as far as I can tell from chatting to people, they understand.

😂

Apart from their own health issues, of course, the sooner this terrible situation is   resolved, the sooner the tourist season can begin ( hopefully ). This is devastating for them. ( I know - not only for them here but here is where we are and are feeling the pulse...)

Edit-

https://www.bild.de/regional/bremen/bremen-aktuell/er-starb-an-corona-infektion-deutscher-uni-dozent-42-stirbt-auf-kreta-69651078.bild.html

Just got this from my partner Nicole.

Young German University Professor dies of corona infection at the hospital in Heraklion.

1 hour ago, john g. said:

Eyesight ok for the SmartPhone but tough on the regular computer screen..

Why are you reading anything? Give it a rest, John.

Thank you all!

( forgot to add- when the doc said “ excellent “, I couldn’t resist a comment about him in his mask and said “  I see well now! You look like Frankenstein !”)

My Nicole gave me a disapproving look!😂

Wonderful, John!

Your post just helped ground me again and appreciate the really important things in life - first and foremost health!!

Congratulations!

Bloody hell! I thought I was a sight for sore eyes ( so to speak ),..met a Swiss guy today and the chat swivelled around.  He had a detached retina a year ago and was treated by the same doc in the same hospital in Heraklion. I had ONE  operation and he had FIVE. Mine lasted about 20 minutes, I think. Each of his lasted about an hour and a half. 

My result: I still have silicon at the back of the " bad " eye but hope, one day, it can be removed..(maybe)..mind you, the eye clinic is closed anyway because of corona.

HE still has silicon at the back of his eye but has been warned to leave it there...another op would be way too risky. 

MY vision is maybe 30 per cent in the " bad " eye"..HIS is about 10 per cent.

I am 67..he is about 45 or so..jeez...