I woke up blind in one eye this morning

505 posts in this topic

Keep the resting going, you may need to practice a lot but the more you do the better it will be in the long term. Hope you carry on getting better

17 hours ago, RedMidge said:

Glad to her progress in treatment. After my laser, I was told not to read for  24 hours, keep head down when sitting .   All is good now- so am sure you will be fine.

How did your treatment go? How long did it take to heal, and much sight was regained?

4 minutes ago, Metall said:

How did your treatment go? How long did it take to heal, and much sight was regained?

Within a week, blurring, was gone, and vision has been fine since- 6-7 years. Annual checks with retinal photos, shows the area is well healed and secure.

Thinking of John G and hope it goes well.

I just read my last post- should have been- not to read for 24 hours!

Off to the doc in the morning. Can he finish the lasering or is the blood vessel still misbehaving? I think the latter😟

Eyesight ok for the SmartPhone but tough on the regular computer screen..

I will be equipped with my Emergency Movement Document with details of why I/we will be in town. There is an English version but I have to fill in and carry the Greek version plus passport.

Word has it the police have been imposing the first on-the-spot fines for non-compliance.

Fair enough , as far as I’m concerned. Greeks don’t like following rules but this one , as far as I can tell from chatting to people, they understand.

😂

Apart from their own health issues, of course, the sooner this terrible situation is   resolved, the sooner the tourist season can begin ( hopefully ). This is devastating for them. ( I know - not only for them here but here is where we are and are feeling the pulse...)

Edit-

https://www.bild.de/regional/bremen/bremen-aktuell/er-starb-an-corona-infektion-deutscher-uni-dozent-42-stirbt-auf-kreta-69651078.bild.html

Just got this from my partner Nicole.

Young German University Professor dies of corona infection at the hospital in Heraklion.

1 hour ago, john g. said:

Eyesight ok for the SmartPhone but tough on the regular computer screen..

Why are you reading anything? Give it a rest, John.