Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I woke up blind in one eye this morning

428 posts in this topic

no, ok   before the shower and for a while afterwards but then I noticed the problem..hm, maybe related to the shower..hairs somewhere=

On 3/13/2018, 8:38:25, PandaMunich said:

Is the water chlorinated?

Doubt it. But I don´t know.

no, nothing new, fraufruit. I may have rubbed my eye after patting a dog...Walker (one of the dogs )is very ill...it could be something like that...maybe an infection..I´m flummoxed...

On 3/13/2018, 8:45:49, PandaMunich said:

If it were, you would know - it would smell of swimming pool.

ah, then definitely not...

Cant see as in eye dead or as in super blurry?

Pink eye would be irritating/itchy.

This could be be a harmless but annoying eye floater / mouche volante.

Do you see a halo around lamps? Is the affected eye harder (try gentle press with a finger) than the other? Then it's high ocular pressure. However, not very probable. Still, have the pressure checked at the eye doctor, it's a quick examination.

I DO NOT think it is retinal detachment, as you are not talking about white flashes.

I still think this could be a comparatively harmless corneal infection. But please see an eye doctor.

That reminds me, a few years ago my sister was seeing firework-like floaters for a few days. I drove her to the eye doc and he said that some gel ball in the eye had dried up and that  it is normal in the 60's. All he wanted to do was check that the retina was still intact. It was and she was fine a day or two later. He did say that most people don't have as much pomp and circumstance like she did. 

On 3/14/2018, 9:19:03, Metall said:

I DO NOT think it is retinal detachment, as you are not talking about white flashes. I still think this could be a comparatively harmless corneal infection.

Maybe you could let people know your qualifications here for making such  a medical diagnosis. Does your surgery have a website you could provide a link for?

Perhaps the patient should present his symptoms to a doctor in person. I hope he has adequate medical coverage. Asking an internet forum is no good alternative for comprehensive healthcare.

Hope you get better soon.

At the eye doctor right now- he is reading a book😁 Before continuing the check

On 3/14/2018, 10:18:36, john g. said:

At the eye doctor right now

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Whatever it is, modern medicine is really good these days! :)

In a pinch, pop over to Hamburg for a few days for a second opinion.

On 3/14/2018, 10:15:09, Kommentarlos said:

Maybe you could let people know your qualifications here for making such  a medical diagnosis.

Actually Metall is a medical doctor and often dispenses good advice on this board. But let's just say she wasn't a medical doctor. Her advice was that it appears to be neither an infection or an attached retina both of which are pretty bad, however please take it to a doctor just in case.

I've also been known to give medical advice and even treat muscle strains, wounds and frostbite when asked for help and when nobody better capable than me was available.

On 3/14/2018, 11:04:22, MadAxeMurderer said:

I've also been known to give medical advice

Amusingly, I've had MadAxeMurderer (who I know personally) contact me from India and Nepal via Skype to discuss medical issues/first aid to others etc.

On 3/14/2018, 10:54:21, Metall said:

Dear Kommentarlos, I am a full medical doctor, just so you know.

Burned. :lol: