Losing Job as a non-EU National

26 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, fardesignberlin said:

Hello,

I have graduated with an M.A from a German university in July 2017, and immediately in August managed to find a Job that is related to my field of study, were I worked for 20.5 months, then changed my Job  and worked there for 6 months, and unfortunately was let go after the end of Probezeit as some structural changes happened to the company. 

• So I worked in total 2 years and a half.
  • I have a Work Permit that is not linked to my Employer, but linked to my profession till 2023 (18 Abs 4 S.1)
  • Unemployed since December 15 2020
  • Applied for Arbeitslosengeld and will receive the benefits under the SGB III rule.
  • Applying for Jobs and having initial interviews but because of the holidays, things are a little delayed.

My question Is, am I still eligible for applying for the Permanent residency, as I have the requirements to do so, except being currently unemployed and looking for a job ASAP. If I manage to find a Job by January will I be able to apply for a Permanent residency?

Appreciate your help,and I hope you all have a great Holiday.

I have 

No you can't have permanent residency if you are currently unemployed.  As you need to be able to provide for yourself and your family, which you currently cannot do.

But, once you get a new position than a short period of unemployment won't normally count against you so long as you have meet the requirements.  You will however probably have a better chance once you have completed your probation period.

4 hours ago, dj_jay_smith said:

No you can't have permanent residency if you are currently unemployed.  As you need to be able to provide for yourself and your family, which you currently cannot do.

But, once you get a new position than a short period of unemployment won't normally count against you so long as you have meet the requirements.  You will however probably have a better chance once you have completed your probation period.

Thank you for your reply dj_jay_smith, is this the case even if my visa was changed from my current permit to a job seekin visa as well?

Hi, 

I am a non-EU resident. I have a 3-year contract and blue card working permit, which will both end at 31.08.2020.

It is very possible that I will not get a new contract (or extend contract), here I have some questions:

- I need to register as "job lost status" at the end of May. Should I inform Auslanderbehorde in the meanwhile?

- My blue card binds to my company, if I understand correctly.  Am I still able to receive the unemployement benefits?

Thanks in advance!

On 08/05/2020, 21:51:33, PoPaul said:

Hi, 

I am a non-EU resident. I have a 3-year contract and blue card working permit, which will both end at 31.08.2020.

It is very possible that I will not get a new contract (or extend contract), here I have some questions:

- I need to register as "job lost status" at the end of May. Should I inform Auslanderbehorde in the meanwhile?

- My blue card binds to my company, if I understand correctly.  Am I still able to receive the unemployement benefits?

Thanks in advance!

Hey, how is your german level?

So, essentially. you need to go to the auslanderbehorde immediately. because once your contract ends, your blue card is null because its tied to that employer, so no alg1, and leaving the country. BUT you have been here for 3 years, so you may already qualify for permanent residence, which would grant you alg1 and a long term stay here. but you need to get this sorted asap, because once it expires, it complicates your case. worst case scenarious, theyll give you a fiktioneinebeschung, which is a temporary permit for 6 months which allows you to receive alg1 for that time and to find a new job, but its risky, because if you don't find a job then, you have to leave. 

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I am a non-EU citizen and I have been in Germany for almost 4 years of which I was working for 3.5 years. Form this time I was working 6 months without a blue card (i had a work permit as I had a dependant visa) and the rest of it with a blue card. 3 months ago I decide to change my job and I am supposed to start in the new company 1st of July but the company that I moving to is Wirecard and now they are bankrupt. And I think on my first day they will give me my notice period. So I will be out of a job soon. Also due to the coronavirus situation and the busy offices in the KVR, I could not apply for the permanent residence but I have filled in the online form. One more point, my wife also works in Wirecard and so both of us will be out of job.

Now I know that I have to report to the AuslanderBehorder that I am jobless, but does anybody know how much time will I be given to find another job?

And also I know that I am eligible for unemployment benefits for one year, so does it makes a difference on how long I can stay to find a job?

Thanks.

On 7/25/2018, 11:50:33, ilyann said:

(...) a paper saying they don't cancel the BK now, but will do it later if I don't find the work.(...)

Hi @ilyann - it’s been a while since you posted so I hope youre still available here in the TT.

As this might apply to my situation (also corona x firm struggling = worst case scenario). ...Could you kindly clarify what you got exacly, was this a Zusatzblatt of some kind? How long did they actually give you?

Many thanks in advance - looking forward to your reply!