got a parking fine

17 posts in this topic

I received a ticket because I didn't know i had to pay when parking

Anyway, I am wondering how to pay this ticket. here is the photo

http://prntscr.com/iq073c

I am not living in germany and dont have an European bank account.

And its been 8 days after i got this ticket.

It says i have to pay in 7 days. How much fee do i have to add after a week?

Could you please tell me how to pay this ticket?

16 minutes ago, standartuye said:

I received a ticket because I didn't know i had to pay when parking

That is not what the ticket says. You parked in a no parking area marked by this sign.

286-zeichen-eingeschraenktes-haltverbot-

Are you in Paris? You do not need to have account to make a transfer, you can walk into any bank with cash and ask them to transfer the money for you. Do not forget to put the Verwarnungsnummer into the reference field!

4 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

That is not what the ticket says. You parked in a no parking area marked by this sign.

Are you in Paris? You do not need to have account to make a transfer, you can walk into any bank with cash and ask them to transfer the money for you. Do not forget to put the Verwarnungsnummer into the reference field!

21 minutes ago, PandaMunich said:

Also post a link to the other side of that ticket.

http://prntscr.com/ir6b0q

Thank you.

Is there any due date because its been 8 days.   How much fee do i have to pay after a week?

So you had a rental car?

The city usually sends out a reminder letter after 10 days to the holder of the car, in your case to the rental car agency. This reminder letter is still without an extra fee, i.e. you would still only have to pay 15€.

Your bank transfer form would have to look like this:

5aa957561df02_2018-03-1418_05_50-Neueber

I suggest you pay a European friend/relative/colleague 15€ via Paypal, and they then immediately do the above bank transfer.

46 minutes ago, PandaMunich said:

So you had a rental car?

The city usually sends out a reminder letter after 10 days to the holder of the car, in your case to the rental car agency. This reminder letter is still without an extra fee, i.e. you would still only have to pay 15€.

Your bank transfer form would have to look like this:

5aa957561df02_2018-03-1418_05_50-Neueber

I suggest you pay a European friend/relative/colleague 15€ via Paypal, and they then immediately do the above bank transfer.

Thank you so much for you effort.i will let my friend know

Here is my situation.
I am living next to train station. There is construction work from Deutsche bahn and they/their vehicles consume most of the free parking space which I previously used for my parking. Hence I did mistake and parked my car on white stripes. In the morning I saw a police officer who said he was ringing my bell since a while but I didn't come (Obviously I didn't because I was taking shower). He took my license and details and said I will get following fines.
1. Parking ticket

2. Toe away charges because he brought toe away guys with him (Though they didn't touch my car yet for towing)

3. Police officer wait time

I know its Germany I'll probably paying all these fines but is there legal way to avoid some of the charges? Anybody knows how much roughly these charges cost?

Parking tickets are cheap, anything from 10€ to around 40€ depending on the situation.  Towing charges are around 150€ to 300€ when they actually tow your car, so not sure what they will charge here or even if they can really charge you.   Police waiting time, never heard of that.

This links mention that in some states they can charge you for towing even if your car was not actually towed:

https://www.t-online.de/auto/recht-und-verkehr/id_47983694/abschleppkosten-werden-auch-ohne-abschleppen-faellig-.html

https://www.bild.de/auto/auto-news/falschparken/wie-wehre-ich-mich-gegen-falschparker-37201204.bild.html

From 130€ to180€ for the tow car that came for nothing.

On 3.7.2019, 09:35:31, W.A.Shahani said:

I know its Germany I'll probably paying all these fines but is there legal way to avoid some of the charges? Anybody knows how much roughly these charges cost?

Sure, easy, don't park there in the first place.

On 7/3/2019, 9:35:31, W.A.Shahani said:

It's Germany. you break the law every time you move. Get used to it.

On 14.3.2018, 17:58:10, yourkeau said:

This sign does not mean "no parking", it means "Stopping prohibited" or something along that. There is a similar sign but with two lines crossed which means "Stopping and parking prohibited"

https://hr.ilovevaquero.com/images/avtomobili/znak-stoyanka-zapreshena-dejstvie-znaka-stoyanka-pod-znakom-i-shtraf-za-nee_3.jpg

14 minutes ago, java10 said:

This sign does not mean "no parking", it means "Stopping prohibited" or something along that. There is a similar sign but with two lines crossed which means "Stopping and parking prohibited"

Not that it is relevant to the last few posts.  One line and you can stop for a short time (under 3 minutes).  One with two lines means no stopping or parking at all.

20 minutes ago, java10 said:

This sign does not mean "no parking", it means "Stopping prohibited" or something along that.

That sign means NO PARKING allowed, but stopping is allowed.     

20 minutes ago, java10 said:

There is a similar sign but with two lines crossed which means "Stopping and parking prohibited"

This bit is correct.

Aye, in Germany you haven't parked but just stopped unless you've been there for two (or is it three?) minutes.

This also prevents traffic wardens giving you a ticket immediately, they have to give you the 2-3 minutes to go to the ticket machine and pay.

The 3 minutes only count if you stay in the car. Once you leave the car you are "parking". § 12 (2) StVO

Going to the ticket machine is allowed as you say but it's not tied to those 3 minutes.