Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Unemployment benefit

22 posts in this topic

Greetings Toytowners,

 

I didnt quit my job . yet!

I decided to stay and learn how to deal with the people . But the thing is i suddenly got a better offer at another company for a only short-term contract ( WHICH EXACTLY WHAT I NEED)

Back ground: 

I started working from july last year, i asked for a 1 year contract. It lasts till 2.7.2018.

I wondered if i quit my job now, and go to another company, where i have a short-term contract only until 2.7.2018 also. Would i still be eligible for unemployment money?

I will be having 1 month gap ( july). My ausbildung starts august.

It is not a lot of money but still i wonder if i get any

 

Thanks in advance.

have a nice day everyone :wub::wub:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Prepare for a boatload of attitude & judgement from the people for whom this forum = life . . . )

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wertewandel said:

(Prepare for a boatload of attitude & judgement from the people for whom this forum = life . . . )

i know lol, 

but there are still helpful people out there _D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No attitude, just reminder to op that quitting job generally means no benefits for a time period. This was already advised in op's other post.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason why i cant work in July is i booked a flight ticket last year to go attend my sister wedding  this year.

thats why

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are indeed, and I read this forum occasionally because I learn things here. But the negativity and snark are pretty oppressive. And the bad vibes usually come from the same miserable characters, over and over.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RedMidge said:

No attitude, just reminder to op that quitting job generally means no benefits for a time period. This was already advised in op's other post.

i quit this one, but i start another one immediately. Would it still be the case?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wertewandel said:

There are indeed, and I read this forum occasionally because I learn things here. But the negativity and snark are pretty oppressive. And the bad vibes usually come from the same miserable characters, over and over.

i am not ashamed by asking for the benefit that i partly deserve, lol. I have and will probably be paying in the system for many years to come, If its just one month it is no problem.

There are many germans that just stay home and make babies !

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, diding said:

i quit this one, but i start another one immediately. Would it still be the case?

 

Generally it should not be a problem.

 

However,

 

5 minutes ago, diding said:

The reason why i cant work in July is i booked a flight ticket last year to go attend my sister wedding  this year.

 

 

You need permission to take vacation while receiving benefits.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, engelchen said:

 

Generally it should not be a problem.

 

However,

 

 

You need permission to take vacation while receiving benefits.

really?

Even if its arbeitlosgeld 1 ?

i thought it would only apply for harz 4 ..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had some posters on TT who thought they could go on a world sabbatical and receiving ALG I. Keep in contact with the Arbeitsagentur via Skype on Bora Bora :).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

We had some posters on TT who thought they could go on a world sabbatical and receiving ALG I. Keep in contact with the Arbeitsagentur via Skype on Bora Bora :).

Pretty sure some of them did. It's not like there are tight controls. Most is done via letter that can be handled by friends/family.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I understand the OP's situation:  They have a job, and they have another job lined up, but the new job is only for a short period of time. 

 

I am personally familiar with people in both Sachsen and Berlin successfully getting unemployment benefits including Kindergeld and pension contributions during a short gap between a job voluntarily left for another job.  So, perhaps the OP could indeed get benefits.  The twist here is that OP is not headed toward another longtime/fulltime employment so I don't know what extra issues the Arbeitsamt might have.

 

In my experience, the Arbeitsamt wanted a bunch of papers and there was one personal appearance, but indeed they paid up.  It was worth the couple of hours of attending to the paperwork.  When in socialist Europe, do as the socialists do and collect your money.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DoubleDTown said:

As I understand the OP's situation:  They have a job, and they have another job lined up, but the new job is only for a short period of time. 

 

I am personally familiar with people in both Sachsen and Berlin successfully getting unemployment benefits including Kindergeld and pension contributions during a short gap between a job voluntarily left for another job.  So, perhaps the OP could indeed get benefits.  The twist here is that OP is not headed toward another longtime/fulltime employment so I don't know what extra issues the Arbeitsamt might have.

 

In my experience, the Arbeitsamt wanted a bunch of papers and there was one personal appearance, but indeed they paid up.  It was worth the couple of hours of attending to the paperwork.  When in socialist Europe, do as the socialists do and collect your money.

I am currently employed. Hate the job i am in and got offered a new job which last 3 months which i have no problem with. I just need 3 months more anyway. 

I am just not sure when they say to have anspruch auf alg1 i need to pay 12 months in the system. But if i work like the 12th month not full ( still pay tax and all of shjt) but got 1 week of work non-paid early. Would i still eligible?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know for sure what the rules are but I know that friends who went from unbefristet to befristet roles were advised that this is effectively making themselves redundant and so should expect to have their ALG blocked for a while should they need it.  As it happened they all negotiated a change to an unbefristed contract so I dont know if this actually happened or was just a hollow threat.  FWIW my HR team agreed that it was a bad idea when I asked but they didnt put anything in writing that I can quote.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, diding said:

I am just not sure when they say to have anspruch auf alg1 i need to pay 12 months in the system. But if i work like the 12th month not full ( still pay tax and all of shjt) but got 1 week of work non-paid early. Would i still eligible?

 

You need at least 12 months = 360 calendar days.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, diding said:

I am currently employed. Hate the job i am in and got offered a new job which last 3 months which i have no problem with. I just need 3 months more anyway. 

I am just not sure when they say to have anspruch auf alg1 i need to pay 12 months in the system. But if i work like the 12th not full ( still pay tax and all of shjt) but got 1 week of work non-paid early. Would i still eligible?

My 1st arbeitsvertrag, the one im having is befristet for 1 year and the new one is for 3 months. Both ends 2.7.2018. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to sound judgmental, nor do I want to give you an attitude, but I feel like you fall in the same trap as many people do when it comes to thinking about social security. Social security payments should be seen as an insurance, not as a savings account. You don't "deserve" back the money you put in... (You can be thankful for that, because if you would really be in need of unemployment benefits, the amount you have put in by now is really little and probably wouldn't last you very long.) The money is meant to cover people who lost their job without fault of their own, so that they can cover their expenses while they look for a new one. Any chance you can use your vacation-time to take the trip to your sister's wedding? Your employer would have to pay unused vacation days, so you would still have income in July.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0