Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to source small quantity of liquid nitrogen

16 posts in this topic

Would there be anyone who could source a small quantity of liquid nitrogen?  I need no more than 1-5L.

At Linde gas I can buy this at EUR3,50 a litre, but only a minimum of 25L with a delivery fee of EUR65.

Edit:  I'm in Munich

I'd love to play with liquid nitrogen. didn't realise it was so cheap!

But don't you need a dewar flask to store it or accept delivery? surely they're not cheap.

Would solid CO2 (dry ice) work for you. much easier to handle.

You can rent these for EUR2,50 a day also from Linde.  Officially you need this... 

Sorry franklan, cannot read the article online as a subscription is needed, but I can see the title.  When using technical material be careful!  Same goes for using a chainsaw, welding, power tools etc.

I tried to freeze my wife with liquid nitrogen. It turns out, she got all broken up about it.

Freeze off a few warts my kids have had for a number of years before they multiply even more.  All doctors I have gone to in Munich (3 Hautartzte and 2 GPs) do not do this anymore - they say it will simply go away.  I think it too much time and effort and also probably a hassle to keep the LN at the surgery.  Now 3 years later time to act...   (my father is a doctor and we have done this a number of times at home before). 

All other remedies have been exhausted as well (plasters, salicic acid, naturheilung, rub half a potato at full moon on it, plant it and when it comes up it will be gone, and more).  Guaranteed the same doctors would burn off their own warts and not live with it for years on end (I have many doctors in the family - I know what I am talking about - unfortunately not in DE).

With what is left over, some fun sciency stuff at home :) 

Liquid nitrogen is used in molecular gastronomy. How good is your German? I'd call either the top cooking schools (such as http://haraldskochschule.de/ or http://hans-haas.de/,) or some of the upscale bars (http://www.mandarinoriental.de/tokyo/fine-dining/tapas-molecular-bar/  seems like a good start) and ask for advice.

Or a science teacher at one of the Gymnasiums or institutes of higher learning.

Oh, wait, I misread the Mandarin Oriental link. I was thinking of the one in München. They may have something though. Needs to be an upscale place, because the equipment needed is not inexpensive. I understand that one bar here in Munich opened but closed shortly after, because it was just too way out of the norm. Good luck, tho'.

34 minutes ago, cdege said:

All doctors I have gone to in Munich (3 Hautartzte and 2 GPs

A Hausarzt is a GP.

Have you tried a dermatologist?