How to get to SAP (Rot) from Heidelberg via public transportation?

10 posts in this topic

Dear Friends,

I was looking into the commutation options to SAP (Rot).

The nearest Bahnhof is Malsch. However, the SAP buildings are not quite near to the bahnhof. So what are the possible transport options to commute on a daily basis ?

Can someone please shed some light..

I couldn't find any related topics, hence created a new one.

Regards

Neil

SAP also operates a regular shuttle bus from the station to the buildings, both in Walldorf and St. Leon-Rot.

If I remember correctly the buildings are in the industrial estate next to the station, would cycling be an option? A foldable bike is currently free on the S-bahn as it counts as luggage when folded.

Many thanks, looks like there are more options than I thought. If SAP operates shuttles, I guess that would probably be the best option during winters. The shuttle service or the bus service, is it at a 30 min interval or an hour ?

4 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

SAP also operates a regular shuttle bus from the station to the buildings, both in Walldorf and St. Leon-Rot.

That's a bit misleading.

It's actually the regular regional/city bus that stops at the train stations (in either Wiesloch/Walldorf or Rot-Malsch) and has stops at each of the SAP campuses. It's a different buses for Walldorf and St. Leon Rot of course, but they're timed to arrived at around the same time as the S-bahn. I used to take the train from Mannheim to Walldorf and after alighting the train, the bus for Walldorf was usually arriving at the train station.

You could walk from the Rot-Malsch train station to SAP. It's actually a nice 15 minutes. The walk from the Walldorf station to the HQ is ugly and takes 25 minutes.

There are SAP-intern shuttles that transport people between each of the SAP locations directly.

I stand corrected. I thought the shuttles went to the train stations, too.