Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bavaria to create own border police

41 posts in this topic

This was announced by a new Prime Minister Markus Söder. The new police will extend the existing Scheleirfahndung system, 500 new officers will be employed.

https://www.br.de/nachrichten/soeders-grenzpolizei-etikettenschwindel-oder-grosser-wurf-100.html

Historical background: Bavaria was the only federal state with own border police which existed between 1946 and 1998 (first under supervision of the US army). It was dismounted after Austria joined EU and Schengen.

As long as they keep all the Bavarians from coming to Berlin, I'm in favor.

Maybe they can do something about all the Swabians, too.

No, you didn't understand: Horst Seehofer is coming to Berlin as interior minister. And that is why we have a new Prime Minister.

Hahahahaha!

I´m happy about this. Considering all the scrutiny my documents had to undergo as part of my German citizenship process (Canadian citizen, legally living and working in Germany for 8 years, paying taxes and pension contributions the whole time), it really pissed me off that so many "refugees" have been allowed to enter without any checks or controls. 

So will the German (Federal) Police have any kind of (joint) jurisdiction in Bavaria? Or none? Or what? Do we know?

Federal police has jurisdiction within 30 km border area, at the railway stations and airports.

Bavarian government have offered multiple times in 2016 and 2017 that Bavarian police helps the feds to do passport control on Austria border. This was dismissed despite massive staff problem in the feds.

Apparently, this new force will automatically have jurisdiction in the border area. Since interior minister will be a Bavarian there will be federal authority for this new force.

How exactly the tasks will be shared between BY and DE police, is too early to say, nobody knows.

19 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

As long as they keep all the Bavarians from coming to Berlin, I'm in favor.

Maybe they can do something about all the Swabians, too.

As I'm officially German now for a few years and I live in the Schwaben (Oberallgäu) part of Bayern, I'm going to make a wee trip to Berlin and I'll bring some cows with me.  Should make your weekend Jeffo!

7 minutes ago, BayrischDude said:

As I'm officially German now for a few years and I live in the Schwaben (Oberallgäu) part of Bayern, I'm going to make a wee trip to Berlin and I'll bring some cows with me.  Should make your weekend Jeffo!

Zuagroasda don't count - but I'd be happy to meet you for a beer or two if you're ever in town. The cows will have to fend for themselves, though.

1 hour ago, BradinBayern said:

I am deeply sorry to hear of your agony with German civil bureaucracy, but I am just wondering was the reason you came here that there a civil war going on in Canada and were people dropping poison gas on your village trying to kill your family?

You misunderstand. I am not against having genuine refugees, even millions. What I am against is an uncontrolled and undocumented influx. Some sort of process of checks needs to be followed, which in my opinion was not. 

Young male from Pakistan (but claiming to be from Afghanistan) granted asylum here, then goes on to attack some tourists from Hong Kong with an axe. Another male, claiming to be under 18, granted asylum since he was a "child" and said his father was killed by the Taliban, only later was it found that dad is alive and well and that he is actually 33 years old. by the way this "18" year old ended up raping a German girl in Freiburg.

Just two examples I can think of off the top of my head. None dealing with civil war or having poison gas dropped on them or family members killed.

Nice try though.

48 minutes ago, aries6 said:

You misunderstand. I am not against having genuine refugees, even millions. What I am against is an uncontrolled and undocumented influx. Some sort of process of checks needs to be followed, which in my opinion was not. 

Young male from Pakistan (but claiming to be from Afghanistan) granted asylum here, then goes on to attack some tourists from Hong Kong with an axe. Another male, claiming to be under 18, granted asylum since he was a "child" and said his father was killed by the Taliban, only later was it found that dad is alive and well and that he is actually 33 years old. by the way this "18" year old ended up raping a German girl in Freiburg.

Just two examples I can think of off the top of my head. None dealing with civil war or having poison gas dropped on them or family members killed.

Nice try though.

Hmm, none of that in your original quote.  Was I supposed to read your mind to know what you are "actually against"?  Actually the two examples off the top of your head are what is referred to as anecdotal evidence.  Any group of a million people or more is going to have a few of those.  Even otherwise peaceful Norway will have a few Breiviks in a group that large.  Germany also has their Marcel Hesse who filmed the killing of a 9 year old for fun.  Of course, the effort should be to filter those people out, lock them up, send them back etc. That goes without saying.  However the evidence has shown that the refugees as a whole are not more likely to be criminal as the average German population (and probably less criminal than certain Eastern European populations).   The question is whether we are willing to sacrifice the millions of genuine refugees for the few that turn out to be mentally ill or criminal?  Especially in a country were good parts of its own population was also seeking refuge not to long ago.   http://www.kraftfuttermischwerk.de/blogg/wp-content/uploads2/2015/07/11781651_10207717561800489_8257823273413453812_n.jpg 

Sorry, but I don´t buy the whole "that´s just anecdotal evidence" line or "any group of a million people or more is going to have a few of those" in this situation. People who are coming from outside of the country are to be held at a higher standard (whether refugees, tourists or legal economic immigrants). Period.

Ofcourse you are going to have criminals in every country, even in Norway. That wasn´t my point.

I came as an economic immigrant and my documents were scrutinized to no end and checked thoroughly. All good! So it should be! What has happened in Germany is scrupulous people have taken advantage of the refugee situation and jumped on the band wagon. "Hey, they aren´t checking anyone. If you say you are from Syria, they will not refuse you entry. Let´s go! I´ll tell them I´m from Syria. When they ask for my passport, I'll just tell them my house was bombed and I lost them in the war."  Welcome to Germany.

Can we go back to the topic?

It's extremely irritating that I cannot create any migration related thread without it getting trashed into refugee holywar.

Can you do this elsewhere?

Um, why exactly do you think Bavaria hopes to create its own border police? I doubt it's to keep out the Saupreissn - or even the nefarious quadrilingual Swiss.

Like it or not, the debate is exactly on topic.

10 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Can we go back to the topic?

It's extremely irritating that I cannot create any migration related thread without it getting trashed into refugee holywar.

Can you do this elsewhere?

Considering that this step has been taken precisely as a response to the refugee holywar, it is quite likely that the refugee topic would come up here, no?

Or were you thinking of a debate on the historical background of this, which you mention in your first post?<_<

It is offtopic because border control has no influence over asylum procedures.

Their task is not to decide whether to grant someone asylum or not. Their task is to register asylum applicant and send them to first reception centre. The border control was introduced when gazillion of refugees ended up at Munich central station. So, tasks of border police are:

1. to redistribute refugees across Germany and prevent the concentration of them in one place;

2. to register them by taking fingerprints (and check if they are already registered somewhere in the EU);

3. to catch migrant smugglers;

4. to catch those, for whom EU/Interpol/German arrest warrant was issued;

5. to deport those, for whom the deportation order was issued.

Tasks of border police are not:

1. to decide whether or not one can be granted an asylum;

2. to follow the movement/residence of registered asylum seekers or those on tolerated status;

3. to check if an asylum seeker was in ISIS/Al Quaeda fighter.

All the crimes you are citing above were committed by registered asylum seekers, thus, border police did the job properly.

36 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

I have to disagree.

36 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

So, tasks of border police are:

1. to redistribute refugees across Germany and prevent the concentration of them in one place;

2. to register them by taking fingerprints (and check if they are already registered somewhere in the EU);

Although border police do not decide on applications, they can take fingerprints on the spot and immediately deport those who have filed applications elsewhere. The uncontrolled influx of migrants means that no one knows how many people actually entered the country. Furthermore, since many were not fingerprinted at the beginning there were quite a few with multiple identities.

32 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Their task is not to decide whether to grant someone asylum or not. Their task is to register asylum applicant and send them to first reception centre. The border control was introduced when gazillion of refugees ended up at Munich central station. So, tasks of border police are:

3. to catch migrant smugglers;

4. to catch those, for whom EU/Interpol/German arrest warrant was issued;

5. to deport those, for whom the deportation order was issued.

Tasks of border police are not:

1. to decide whether or not one can be granted an asylum;

2. to follow the movement/residence of registered asylum seekers or those on tolerated status;

3. to check if an asylum seeker was in ISIS/Al Quaeda fighter.

All the crimes you are citing above were committed by registered asylum seekers, thus, border police did the job properly.

Yes, but the border police didn't up and create themselves, no?  They were created in response to something, correct?  BTW, who made you the thread police of TT?

Sure it is fine to require that someone be checked out.  Kick them the heck out if they commit a crime.  I have no problem with that.  That should apply equally whether the applicant is Russian, Canadian or Syrian.  If that is also your opinion, then I guess I misunderstood the "pissed off at refugees" comment (or you could have expressed yourself more clearly).  Do you have any stats on how many are gaming the system or is that also anecedotal?  

15 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

Yes, but the border police didn't up and create themselves, no?  They were created in response to something, correct?   

Yes, the Bavarian border patrol was created in response to some British comedian desperately in need of a background choir:

TGIF...