Calls from Strange Numbers - Telephone Scams

148 posts in this topic

My dad gets these helpdesk fraud calls from "Microsoft". Indian people on the phone. My dad doesn't speak English, nor does he have a computer, so he simply hangs up.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one seems very strange to me...I just spoke to my mum and she told me that she had a few strange phone calls last night.  A company called Comtex or similar, asking about her property for sale in some far away town.  She said she'd heard to never say 'Ja' in any such call so she just said 'Ne, Ne, ne' and hung up. They used part of her surname in the conversation.  They rang her back again saying that they had been accidentally cut off.  She hung up. 

 

As she's always nervous about strange calls, I asked her to tell me the caller number so I can google it. Tuns out, it's MY mobile number!  I rarely use my mobile and haven't called her from it in years.  At the same time she was getting these calls, an unknown number was calling my mobile...I just happened to hear the ringing, answered, no speaking either side and hung up.  

 

I know that fake caller IDs can be presented though can't understand the connection. 

 

Have to laugh...as I was typing this, got a call on our landline about a Microsoft virus in my PC. Never had any calls like this before. Told the bloke it's on fire now...he hung up. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.7.2019, 11:31:03, LukeSkywalker said:

My dad gets these helpdesk fraud calls from "Microsoft". Indian people on the phone. My dad doesn't speak English, nor does he have a computer, so he simply hangs up.

 

We have been getting this alot lately as well. We just hang up. Is annoying though. Sometimes they call 3-4 times a day. Now we just don't bother answering unless we recognise the number, weird thing is it looks like a call within Germany.. really odd.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2019, 16:40:15, Anna66 said:

 

We have been getting this alot lately as well. We just hang up. Is annoying though. Sometimes they call 3-4 times a day. Now we just don't bother answering unless we recognise the number, weird thing is it looks like a call within Germany.. really odd.

There is a whole thread just about this and how people play it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, black1 said:

There is a whole thread just about this and how people play it. 

 

Can you post a link to the thread? Thanks :)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now