Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help with ESt 1C Tax form.

33 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, gledisk said:

I thought you could help me do it now. I think you can do it in 5min, in exchange of a payment if necessary. 

ffs: Panda is the most helpful person on TT regarding tax questions – but she is not a licensed tax advisor. She is not allowed to do your tax declaration. 

"I'm not a tax advisor. In Germany only tax advisors (Steuerberater) are allowed to give tax advice."

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/198964-rental-income-calculation/#comment-2242526

1 minute ago, someonesdaughter said:

ffs: Panda is the most helpful person on TT regarding tax questions – but she is not a licensed tax advisor. She is not allowed to do your tax declaration. 

"I'm not a tax advisor. In Germany only tax advisors (Steuerberater) are allowed to give tax advice."

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/198964-rental-income-calculation/#comment-2242526

Of course, I will send and do it! I will complete it. She can just help me translate the forms.

26 minutes ago, gledisk said:

She can just help me translate the forms.

Oh, she can, can she?

You are a bit cheeky, aren't you?

At the risk of repeating myself:

43 minutes ago, PandaMunich said:

join a Lohnsteuerhilfeverein!

29 minutes ago, gledisk said:

Of course, I will send and do it! I will complete it. She can just help me translate the forms.

Look, you have been given all the necessary links. If you cannot cope- then please  join Lohnsteuerverein. Reasonable cost and they can deal with it for you.

5 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

Look, you have been given all the necessary links. If you cannot cope- then please  join Lohnsteuerverein. Reasonable cost and they can deal with it for you.

7 minutes ago, PandaMunich said:

Oh, she can, can she?

Lol okok, I was just asking for help from someone (who does not have to be a tax advisor, maybe just someone who completes its own tax forms and speaks german) who can do the job in 5min instead of me wasting 1hour or more! And I was going to pay, as a freelancer would get paid in this cases, if necessary. 
But I respect you decision! Won't insist! And thanks for your help! 

On 11/03/2018, 22:04:11, PandaMunich said:

Oh, she can, can she?

Can I please insist one last time :P 
I contacted the website you told me, but it seems I need a physical appointment and I work during the week. Can not get a half-day off just for a tax refund of 300€. 
In my Lonhnsteuerbescheinigung I have only 3,4,5 and 28. It must take 5minutes for someone who speaks German and has a small idea of taxes in Germany to complete everything! 
Please? 

Thanks, I hope :)

1 hour ago, gledisk said:

I contacted the website you told me, but it seems I need a physical appointment and I work during the week. Can not get a half-day off just for a tax refund of 300€. 
In my Lonhnsteuerbescheinigung I have only 3,4,5 and 28. It must take 5minutes for someone who speaks German and has a small idea of taxes in Germany to complete everything! 
Please? 

Insisting now?!:wacko:

How do you think most of the working world get their taxes done? Most take time off and go to an accountant, tax preparer etc, with all documents and pay them.

They are licenced to do this and accept payment.

You are becoming very insistent and very annoying!!!

17 hours ago, RedMidge said:

Insisting now?!:wacko:

How do you think most of the working world get their taxes done? Most take time off and go to an accountant, tax preparer etc, with all documents and pay them.

They are licenced to do this and accept payment.

You are becoming very insistent and very annoying!!!

Those people get bigger amounts of tax return and have much more fields to complete! It's much more complicated for them even if they speak the language! I expect 300€. It's a big difference.

Panda if you can help please let me know. If not will not spam this topic...

On 3/13/2018, 12:28:18, gledisk said:

Please? 

Isn't it then better not to do it? or you have to do it?

Well anyways I think all the people replying here gave you all the information you needed, not feeling grateful now is just unpolite and wasting other people time.

Hello, didn't want to start a new thread as my question is basically the same "Help with ESt 1C Tax form" so I'll add it here.

My situation:

• previously lived in Germany and bought an apartment while there. Moved to Australia in 2017 and the apartment is still rented.
  • Have rental income in Germany for 2018 and a salary in Australia, the apartment is split 50/50 with my wife (German citizen living with me in Aus) she has no income in Australia.
  • I used to do my own tax with the help of paid software (T@X), not hard when explained in lay terms, however it seems no paid software supports " Beschränkt Steuerpflichtige", now attempting to fill out the forms manually. Anlage V is straight forward as I have last years as a guide.
  • I have used the Progressionsvorbehalt-Rechner to get an estimate of the tax I am likely to have to pay (around 1300€ for me, 0€ for my wife using Grundtarif for each of us)
  • I have already contacted a highly recommended Steuerberater, however their quoted fee (over 900€) was way too high for me, considering I know how to do 90% of the tax return myself.
  • First page of ESt 1C is a breeze, it's page 2 that I'm stuck on

So now to my questions;

• line 31 "Inlandische Einkünfte im Kalendarjahr 2018"- I presume this is the income from the rental? (=rent - costs, or line 23 in AnlageV, 24 for each person)
  • line 38 & 39 "Anzurechnende Steuern" - leave blank? as I have not yet paid any taxes for 2018 in DE
  • Where do I put my Australian income? looks to me like it belongs in line 45 "Summe der Einkünfte, die nicht der deutschen Einkommensteuer unterliegen (ohne Kapitalerträge, die der Abgeltungsteuer unterliegen oder – im Fall von ausländischen Kapitalerträgen – unterliegen würden)"
  • I presume I use my gross Australian income?
  • There seems to be no questions as to where the income was generated? Anlage AUS does, but as far as I'm aware, that form is only needed if you are residing in Germany and earning outside income.

I realise there's a lot of info and questions there, any guidance would be much appreciated! @PandaMunich I have tried to read all of your posts regarding taxation as they are extremely helpful. Hope I'm not repeating a question already asked here.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Yes, I know I'm late for the 2018 tax year and will probably face a (hopefully small) fine! :)

@PandaMunich, fair enough. You've helped me with your contributions through other threads anyway, so thanks.

Anyone else have any tips. I'm basically asking for help with 3 lines in my ESt1C form. Has anybody filled this form out before?

Alternatively, does any body know of tax software (happy to pay for it) that will assist with "Beschränkt Steuerpflichtige"?

Thanks in advance.

whity,

Not sure if this applies to Australia, but here is a link from PandaMunich that might help:

I'm not sure why you're trying to include your Australian income (when you're living in Australia) on your German tax return?

S.