Toddler-friendly hotels a 2-3 hour drive from Stuttgart

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm looking for a Toddler friendly hotel to spend a few days with the family in the summer. Looking for a place 2-3 hours (max) away from Stuttgart. 

Thanks in advance!

Have you looked at any of the Familotels in the Black Forest?  There are several. You can use the childcare services if you want, but you don't have to, and either way the whole place is set up to be very family- and child-friendly.

The thing is, that there are actually hotels built with toddlers in mind - thick, soundproof walls, etc, so that each unit is fairly quiet, so yes, there are toddler - unfriendly hotels, or more to the point, grown-up unfriendly hotels, where the walls are paper thin and you get to hear every time a child cries in the night, which is not really so good if you go away for a couple of days to relax!

5 hours ago, janetp83 said:

Hello,

I'm looking for a Toddler friendly hotel to spend a few days with the family in the summer. Looking for a place 2-3 hours (max) away from Stuttgart. 

Thanks in advance!

Dont know how far you are from

Holland?!. I stayed for a couple days in a place called Westerbergen, its like houses and also there is a side if you wish to go camping!. You have absolutely everything you need for the kids plus grosery store, swimming and all the night entertainment. Check out their website! 

Sauerland also has many farms that are meant to be for families they are all equiped with apartments and the

activities are awesome!.

15 hours ago, liebling said:

Have you looked at any of the Familotels in the Black Forest?  There are several. You can use the childcare services if you want, but you don't have to, and either way the whole place is set up to be very family- and child-friendly.

Following on from this, I have looked for similar in the past and although I have not been to any I do have some links I saved which you might find helpful.  A 

This is a consolidation of hotels around Germany

http://www.kinderhotel.de/

This is somewhere specific in the Black Forest, I think they might also be listed on the website above.

https://www.feldberger-hof.de/de

We've always enjoyed these farm vacations https://www.bauernhofurlaub.de/

Not all farms are listed on this site, just google bauernhof hotel + area you want to visit

I would also recommend airbnb type places and filter on kid/family amenities.  Much better value than a hotel in my opinion.

We started just using airbnb. Depending on how many kids you have, it's hard to find a hotel to accommodate more than four people. With airbnb we just get a two bedroom apartment and there's plenty of room for everyone. Having a full kitchen is great too because kids are hungry all the time. Then it's just a matter of finding stuff to do.

When we went to Legoland we stayed at the Taste Hotel in Heidenheim. It was a bit cramped with three kids but it included free admission to the Hallenbad next door which was really nice (toddler pool, water slides, outdoor pool, etc). They even had a private tunnel entrance from the hotel.