Dog-friendly cafes and restaurants in or around Stuttgart

5 posts in this topic

Hello

We are moving to Stuttgart, from Atlanta, Georgia (we are originally from the UK). 

We will be coming with our greyhound, Ru...and want to know bars/restaurants we can take him too. We like sitting out in the sun, in a garden/patio, having a few drinks, with him to keep us company. Ideally somewhere where other people bring dogs/there are bowls of water out for them...

Any suggestions? 

Up here, most cafes and restaurants have water bowls outside for dogs, and those places with outside patios all seem to welcome dogs. Must be the same for Stuttgart?

Taking dogs inside does not seem too common.

I'm from California and live in Stuttgart, and we have a dog (Mudi mix). We have been able to sit almost anywhere outside with our dog. Contrary to what RedMidge said, we have also rarely had an issue with bringing our dog indoors to restaurants and cafes. A few exceptions are bakeries, sushi/Asian or Middle Eastern restaurants. I mean no disrespect when I share that; it's just been our experience. The one really nice Asian/sushi restaurant that did allow us to bring in our dog is called Mikoto on Tübinger Str. In Sillenbuch (U-bahn), there's a great Mediterranean restaurant called Pro Arte that has a lovely outdoor dining area under a big tree where they allow dogs (dogs not allowed indoors there). Reiskorn and Hans im Glück are another places. I would say there are many more places that do allow dogs than those that don't.

No problem outside and in my experience dogs are also allowed indoors in restaurants and cafes with no problem either except where food is served over the counter like bakeries and cafes combined. 

A general observation:

Dogs are more welcome in most cafes and restaurants in Germany than children.