Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

licensed qualification organizations rather than self certify co's

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am looking for some licensed qualification organizations who can issue me authentic a1-c2 certifications, rather than a company that self certifies. I spoke with several language schools in Frankfurt and they seem to self certify certificates and have no regulator / education board that supervises them, so basically they make the courses and certs up.

So, can anybody recommend to me an organisation that is licensed to issue authentic qualifications for English language? Ideally in Frankfurt or nearby, if not then anywhere I else...

Thanks

OK, got it... English certs.

What German official institution do you consider "authoritive" when it comes to the English language? Which German official should be the regulative instance when it comes to the English language?

43 minutes ago, franklan said:

OK, got it... English certs.

What German official institution do you consider "authoritive" when it comes to the English language? Which German official should be the regulative instance when it comes to the English language?

an organisation approved by a German education authority, seems fairly cowboyesque to go with a company that makes up courses and certificates as they go along.

17 minutes ago, action said:

an organisation approved by a German education authority

I just have a fantasy about an article in the daily mail, where they report about a Geordie who failed an English test "approved by a German education authority"... That would be a great laugh, wouldn't it?

3 hours ago, franklan said:

I just have a fantasy about an article in the daily mail, where they report about a Geordie who failed an English test "approved by a German education authority"... That would be a great laugh, wouldn't it?

This reminds me of a story I heard a few years back on German radio about bank employees in Sachen having to be trained to speak Hoch Deutsch because only the locals could understand them.