Integration in German Society Advice!

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

 

I hope this is not a boring topic for most of people. After six months in Germany, I still face large difficulties in building real relationships and getting integrated in the society. I work hard in improving my language. I admit that I arrived to my work here without knowing any German word but now I can make simple basic talks. Sure this is a problem. I have a lot of international friends here but I still came to see the culture and discover the life as Germans do. Is there any kind of tips/advice to break the ice that sounds difficult to get over?

 

Thanks,,,

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, omarSayed said:

 I still came to see the culture and discover the life as Germans do. 

 

What Is it that you think Germans do?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Building real relationships and integration into society in Germany takes at least 10 years.

2. The experience Germans have in the last two years with people from certain areas of the world will not make it easier.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

 

What Is it that you think Germans do?

 

Way to go RF, answering a question with a question...

 

1 hour ago, omarSayed said:

Hello,

 

I hope this is not a boring topic for most of people. After six months in Germany, I still face large difficulties in building real relationships and getting integrated in the society. I work hard in improving my language. I admit that I arrived to my work here without knowing any German word but now I can make simple basic talks. Sure this is a problem. I have a lot of international friends here but I still came to see the culture and discover the life as Germans do. Is there any kind of tips/advice to break the ice that sounds difficult to get over?

 

Thanks,,,

 

I'd advise activities that involve Germans. Forced interaction with them helps overcome the cultural divide and will improve your spoken German. A course at your local Volkshochschule (https://www.vhs-kaiserslautern.de) -- a cookery class, music class, theatre, literature and so on is a good place to start. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RenegadeFurther said:

 

What Is it that you think Germans do?

Well, the life style is totally different "not in negative or positive" just different, so people here like to use bicycles, no shops opened on sunday, and usually very calm after 8 pm. I understand that may be different in big cities. but yea I just meant there is another life style that I wanted to know/try. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, omarSayed said:

Well, the life style is totally different "not in negative or positive" just different, so people here like to use bicycles, no shops opened on sunday, and usually very calm after 8 pm. I understand that may be different in big cities. but yea I just meant there is another life style that I wanted to know/try. 

 

You want to integrate but you must have an end goal? What is it? Just to talk to Germans? Make them like you? Close a shop on a Sunday?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check your local VHS (Volkshochschule i. e. adult education center) for classes that might interest you. Maybe join a club - at the local Amtsgericht you can get a list of all clubs in your area ("Vereinsverzeichnis").

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now