Is it possible to complain against the driving school?

11 posts in this topic

I've registered with a driving school since November, but i think the guy is just wasting my time and money and i want to discuss it with an Authority related to driving schools, is there any?

The reason is that the instructor doesn't give me enough driving lessons. For example the first course i had was in the middle of January, and reduced to one lesson per week. He told me at the start that he had time for giving 2-3 courses per week, but now he says things like

"i had time back then but i don't have now! "  or "you are not my only student, others need courses as well!!"  and etc!

Moreover, he is also too annoying and stressful during the lessons, always nagging that i'm not teachable because i fail to do it right!! or says he doesn't know how to teach me and etc. He even said he went to TUV and said the same thing to them!!!  And i know it is way different from being demanding or tough, it is more stressful and annoying instead. I think he indirectly tries to excuse himself from giving appropriate driving lessons because he has more students than he can afford. 

So i feel being ripped off by registering with him and paying for these 6-7 lessons and i wasted these 3 months. So i want to discuss the matter with an authority office related to the driving schools, but i do not know anyone around. By the way i live in Bielefeld.

10 minutes ago, bobMorane said:

By the way i live in Bielefeld.

That explains the situation. There is no such city, thus there are no driving instructors there, and no people to advice on a good driving instructor.

No, there is no authority supervising driving schools, you can take a contract to a lawyer to discuss if you have a right to demand the registration fee back due to the driver not fulfilling contract obligations. But it is easier just to find another driving instructor.

4 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

There is no such city

What exactly do you mean by that?

Sorry, I couldn't resist but make this stupid joke. You are the first TT user claiming to be from Bielefeld.

The theory poses three questions:

1. Do you know anybody from Bielefeld?
  2. Have you ever been to Bielefeld?
  3. Do you know anybody who has ever been to Bielefeld?

3 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Sorry, I couldn't resist but make this stupid joke. You are the first TT user claiming to be from Bielefeld.

lol! good to know that!

Anyway, is it worthwhile to talk to TUV about the matter? 

What has TÜV to do with it? They only do exams, they are not supervising driving schools.

It's very strange, because the driving instructors earn money per hour, either the driving instructor has too many people or they have some personal reasons (sickness etc). Either way that is not the reason for the driving authority to strip the license.

The only solution is to change the driving school.

7 minutes ago, Petro6golf said:

Will he give you a refund so you can go somewhere else?

No he won't!

13 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

It's very strange, because the driving instructors earn money per hour, either the driving instructor has too many people or they have some personal reasons (sickness etc)

Yes, apparently he has too many trainees. 

So it is totally valid for a driving school to register as many people as they come and to neglect a portion of them even though they pay the fees until they give up and go somewhere else. So the school always earns more than it could and some unlucky people loose their time and money.

Yes at the end i would change the school, but i was hoping there'd be a way to show them what they do is not right.

26 minutes ago, bobMorane said:

So it is totally valid for a driving school to register as many people as they come and to neglect a portion of them even though they pay the fees until they give up and go somewhere else. So the school always earns more than it could and some unlucky people loose their time and money.

Yes, just like in any business. The laws of market economy can theoretically put him out of business. Unless he is some kind of genius driving instructor, but from your description it doesn't look like that.

I was also "unteachable" driver, only training, training, training helped me to finally learn it. Twice a week, of course.

Definitely change the school.