Liam Colgan - sadly now presumed dead after body found in Hafencity

34 posts in this topic

I don't understand how he keeps being seen. When someone recognizes him, shouldn't they go up to him or follow him while calling the police? At least take a photo.

8 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Spiegel Online just published an article on the story to date. Read it here.

Hope he's okay.

I guess they‘re hoping he‘s walking around with amnesia. At this point, I fear that would be the only positive outcome, and I hope that’s what it is. 

43 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I'm ashamed to admit that I had forgotten about him while his family, friends and loved ones certainly have not.

No need for shame. You had nothing to do with his disappearance. You are not a friend or relative. It's good that his dissapearance is posted about on a regular basis so that we are reminded to keep our eyes open. I forgot about him disappearing too but if I spot him around Stuttgart I will contact the right people.

If you were a friend or relative I'm sure you wouldn't have forgotten.

https://www.facebook.com/findliam/?hc_ref=ARQTzZakhl6cQa1zHA_0Vf7vvrXaPvGE2iKfc_K_dkvH3k-BJurjyjePfFhkaj5hVPE&fref=nf

Still missing and it's been a month and a half now. Alive or dead, surely they would have found something by now. Although that Halloway girl was never found. Let's hope this still turns into a story with a happy ending.

On ‎17‎.‎03‎.‎2018‎ ‎17‎:‎18‎:‎32, Guest said:

I guess they‘re hoping he‘s walking around with amnesia.

Then he would have been found by now.

I fear that - whatever the answer will be - his family will not like it.

Very sad, especially given the circumstances.

A song by Portugal, The Man has been getting a lot of airplay recently. I can't help but think of another sad case every time I hear it.

If you're going to get blackout drunk and/or high when you're out and about, always make sure you have a reliable wingman/woman!

Very sad. I'm always surprised at how many drunk people find themselves on a river bank. It happens a lot in Glasgow where someone is partying in the city centre (not near a river) and are eventually found in one. Tragic.

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Very sad. I'm always surprised at how many drunk people find themselves on a river bank. It happens a lot in Glasgow where someone is partying in the city centre (not near a river) and are eventually found in one. Tragic.

Tragic indeed. I'm reminded of the death of my ex-husband 4 years ago at age 70. He had a narrow boat he was touring with on a canal near Nottingham, where he lived. He had been out drinking with friends, who were also touring with their own narrow boat. At the end of the evening his pals coming back from their drinking spree, discovered his dripping wet border terrier sitting on the edge of canal bank and then saw Mac (my  Scottish ex-husband) in the canal, pulled him out and tried to revive him with no success. He had drowned in hip level water, and had been too drunk to save himself. They presume he had pulled his silly dog out of the canal, who had fallen in, fell in himself in the process, but was too intoxicated to get out of the canal himself. The coroner's report later confirmed that his level of intoxication was dangerously high. 

All-in-all, a very sad story, but at least his family can finally find closure.