Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How do you export a car that doesn't have papers?

10 posts in this topic

Hello, everybody! Right now I'm in Romania and I want to go to Germany and buy a car that doesn't have papers(a title). What can I do to make papers for the car? If anyone can assist me?

The car is next to Frankfurt. Please help! I want to export the car back to my country, but I need a title on it...

Buy a car with proper papers.

autoscout24.de has lots of good offers, we've always found good vehicles.

Well, not having the title papers for a car you are trying to sell sounds dubious.

However, there are strange other situations/reasons why those can go missing.

Example: Our Messie renter needed to take her car to the TüV after a few years of driving around with expired stickers but when the car actually died, she found she had lost the car title papers. The dumpyard wouldn't take her car without the title papers. What does a car seller/Messie need to do to get that title paper replaced, legally?

Here's how! Go to the local Strassenverkehrsamt (department of motor vehicles) and fill out an Eidesstadlische Erklärung (sworn statement) that the title is lost. This thing costs between 30 and 35 Euros. You may need to go get it noratized or they may do that directly at the Strassenverkehrsamt. A Notar will charge around 16 Euros for his/her stamp. The Strassenverkehrsamt will send your  info to the Zentrale for all car titles in Flensberg, where they will look for a copy of the car title. After a wait of up to two months, and paying around 200 Euros, you will receive an official car title. So, with time and money, you can replace a missing/lost car title, legally, in Germany.  You can ask the car seller to do all that too. They probably won't do it though. The Messie didn't either. She prefers to buy vids on Amazon Prime and leave her dead car parked on the drive. 

@MetallDoesn't autoscout24.de sound so much easier? 

I started a thread last year about my problem: I was im India and not due back for months; my daughter had the car during this time and it broke down; the Fahrzeugschein had gone missing.

The only lucky thing is that my son was staying in my flat and was able to locate the Fahrzeugbrief, which is the more important of the two. Long story short, the onky solution was two give the car to a dealer and send him the FZB. 

When Ingot home months later I had to get the FZS replaced which at first seemed complicated if notnimpossible as toi jeed the FZB to get a replacement FZS and the dealer refused to send that back, and refused to send back the number plates. He wanted the FZS after which he would do the Abmeldung.

In the end though suddenly the Strassenverkehrsamt was compliant, I had to sign an Eidestattliche Erklaerung, and I got a shiny new Schein.

3 hours ago, cybil said:

Here's how! Go to the local Strassenverkehrsamt (department of motor vehicles) and fill out an Eidesstadlische Erklärung....

Wouldn't the current "owner" need to do that instead of the buyer? How can the buyer swear anything?

26 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Wouldn't the current "owner" need to do that instead of the buyer? How can the buyer swear anything?

You are right. I meant that the buyer should tell the seller to do this. I think I said that but my post was kind of long. 

3 hours ago, cybil said:

So, with time and money, you can replace a missing/lost car title, legally, in Germany.  You can ask the car seller to do all that too. They probably won't do it though.