How exactly is Arbeitslosengeld I calculated? Important: choose tax class 3 before becoming unemployed and stay in it!

23 posts in this topic

Dear 

Thanks for the email

I am working in Germany

On 5/17/2020, 7:47:45, engelchen said:

After reading your post 3 times, I still can't figure out when and where you paid the 57 months. It is not even clear what you paid (only pension or also unemployment insurance).

Are you employed and seconded to Germany? 

Garbage in, garbage out.

If you want accurate advice you need to provide clear accurate information. 

since Aug 2008. the Last working in Germany before to this was Jan 2017. So from Aug 2008 to Jan 2017 I paid social security and Arbeit verscherung as and when I worked in germany that is in total 57 months.

12 hours ago, Raavi said:

So from Aug 2008 to Jan 2017 I paid social security and Arbeit verscherung as and when I worked in germany that is in total 57 months.

That contributions you made between 2008 and Jan 2017 are irrelevant, the question is how many months did you work in Germany (or the EU) where you paid unemployment insurance contributions to the German (or other EU) system?

https://www.arbeitsagentur.de/finanzielle-hilfen/arbeitslosengeld-anspruch-hoehe-dauer

On 16/05/2020, 21:25:12, Raavi said:

My company in India is asking me to come back or they want to terminate my contract here.in this case will I be eligible for arbeitslohngeld?

What do mean by 'your company in India'? Do you have a employment contract with an Indian employer? 

From the info you've posted to date, you are not eligible for unemployment insurance benefits. Furthermore, if you are seconded here from an Indian employer, it might not even be possible to stay in Germany if your contract is terminated. 

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. If you want to fight this you really need a lawyer. Preferably one who speaks your mother tongue. 

Hey folks, I was just made redundant and was offered a settlement. I read that unemployment payments are made on the average of the last 12 months salary (was at the firm for 5+ years without interruption). 

My question is this: If I earned a EUR61k base, a EUR11k bonus and a EUR98k settlement within the last twelve months (the assessment period) from the date of being unemployed, would my average be based on my average monthly income of EUR13,750? Or just on the average monthly salary based on my basic salary which would just be EUR5.1k?

I understand that in either case I will be relatively close to the cap or a mile above it. I was just wondering if someone could offer clarity as the difference could be as much as EUR300 per month for me.

Thanks in advance for your help, Toytowners!