Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mini Job with private health insurance?

11 posts in this topic

Right now i employ a few EU people as temporary Mini-jobbers. (Up to 70 days mini-job)

They all have privet health insurance (Such as swisscare, barmer, European health insurance Etc).

so l pay the Minijobzentralle on top of their salaries: U1 (0.9%), U2 (0.3%) and INSO (0.09%)

 

No pension contribution (RV) or Health insurance contributions (KV)

As i understand, in temporary mini job i am not obligated to pay those.

 

The 70 days period will end soon and i want to hire some of them as Midi-jobbers. (Up to 850 euros)

i know i would definitely have to pay their pension,, correct?

But do i still have to pay for their health insurance if they already got a privet one?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, KimKim said:

Right now i employ a few EU people as temporary Mini-jobbers. (Up to 70 days mini-job)

They all have privet health insurance (Such as swisscare, barmer, European health insurance Etc).

 

Although it is not your problem (yet), some of your employees probably have insufficient health care coverage. 

 

25 minutes ago, KimKim said:

The 70 days period will end soon and i want to hire some of them as Midi-jobbers. (Up to 850 euros)

i know i would definitely have to pay their pension,, correct?

But do i still have to pay for their health insurance if they already got a privet one?

 

You will have to pay all social security contributions (not only public health insurance, but also unemployment, pension, etc).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not paying for health insurance and pension contribution is a crime (§266 StGb).

Quote

(1) Whosoever, as an employer, withholds contributions of an employee to the social security system including employment promotion, regardless of whether wages or salaries are actually being paid, shall be liable to imprisonment not exceeding five years or a fine.

 

Your employees can have whatever private insurance they have, but if they are sozialvericherungspflichtig, you have to force them to choose a Krankenkasse and pay the necessary contributions. That is more important than payment of the salary!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys for the info.

So one does not have the freedom to choose if they go on public insurance or private while working as a midijobber.

How about when you work full time?

Are you still required to pay for public health insurance? (both employer and employee)?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KimKim said:

So one does not have the freedom to choose if they go on public insurance or private while working as a midijobber.

How about when you work full time?

Are you still required to pay for public health insurance? (both employer and employee)?

 

 

Employees who earn over 450,01€/month are sozialversicherungspflichtig. The employer is required to pay the employer contributions and deduct the employee's contributions and submit the money to the employee's Krankenkasse. Failure to pay is a crime (see Yourkeau's post above).

 

If you are unable to properly calculate the deductions, hire a Lohnsteuerservice; you can't afford to make mistakes with this.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KimKim said:

Thanks guys for the info.

So one does not have the freedom to choose if they go on public insurance or private while working as a midijobber.

How about when you work full time?

Are you still required to pay for public health insurance? (both employer and employee)?

 

 

If the employee makes at least 4.800€ per month (57.600€ per year), they are allowed to leave public insurance and go private.  If they go private, they have the right that the employer pays for some part of their private health insurance.  About half, give or take.  So if you are employing someone who is above a mini job, there is just no legal way you can get out of paying health insurance.

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am doing  a job with monthly earning not more than 400 euro and my employer pays my public health insurance.now under what category should I belong to ? Minijob oder midijob?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0