Fiddling about with stocks, funds, etc. No conspiracy theories, please.

1,159 posts in this topic

I bought 100 shares in Palatin a month ago when Mike first mentioned them. Maybe it's time to by a few more...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, knowing Palatin fluctuates a lot, I would follow this tactic:

 

There is a strong chance that they announce something in the next days, so buying now makes sense.

But it could also be that either the announcement does not come or it is not as important as expected.

 

So you could divide your investment in 2. Half invest now, then wait for a 5%-10% dip, which is very common with Palatin.

In any case, it looks like a good long term investment.

 

@theGman, considering transaction costs, 100 shares is a worthless investment, as you need something like 2-5% increase just to pay transaction costs. In my case I have a couple of tens of thousand of shares, so transaction costs are meaningless.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

 

@theGman, considering transaction costs, 100 shares is a worthless investment, as you need something like 2-5% increase just to pay transaction costs. In my case I have a couple of tens of thousand of shares, so transaction costs are meaningless.

 

Yep, I know. I already talked about that in another thread. But I'm not an investor yet, just a learner. I'm not going to put anything more than €500 into a company I don't know. I'm happy just playing along for now.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooof, don't think I could do that, dangerous path. I have a small tendency to gambling and if I could simulate big wins then it'll push me into taking bigger risks with real money.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then hear out this advice: there will be a stock market correction or even crash somewhere in 2018 or 2019. That will give you some time to learn.

Buy in the big dip, especially for companies which are unaffected by the reasons for the crash.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to do the simulations back when I was learning. Not a very fun "what if" game when I had big gains but only on "paper".  The losses actually made me feel better.

 

B)

 

Can you look into that crystal ball, Mike, and give us some real dates?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

Guys, knowing Palatin fluctuates a lot, I would follow this tactic:

 

There is a strong chance that they announce something in the next days, so buying now makes sense.

But it could also be that either the announcement does not come or it is not as important as expected.

 

Pump up the jam pump it up...

 

"There is a strong chance"...where? supporting documents? Are you an employee?

 

I tell you what is your "strong chance": There is a strong chance you have bought penny stocks. There is a strong chance that you are trying to pump up your own stock to at least break even, because this stock is dead. Here is my evidence:

 

Palatin was worth 3.5 dollars back in the day. During the last 5 YEARS its stock has been between 0.5 and 1.4. During the last 3 months the stock has been moving up and down between 0.9 and 1 dollar, and no news, which is morse code for "pump and dump". Now is 1.1, so my educated guess is that it is going down to 0.9 again.

 

You mentioned "in the next days", so let´s review this thread after 5 days and see how the pumping went.

 

Just my 0.02.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wahahaha! You put up the same 2 yr. old article that I did, my fromage friend.

 

From their own website  which I know is partial but does give an overview of what they are doing.

 

I will take my broker's advice on whether to buy or not and then, probably only $ 1k.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alexia_Berlin said:

 

Pump up the jam pump it up...

 

"There is a strong chance"...where? supporting documents? Are you an employee?

I did my research before buying the shares. I've read their research documents and there is huge potential.

 

Quote

 

I tell you what is your "strong chance": There is a strong chance you have bought penny stocks. There is a strong chance that you are trying to pump up your own stock to at least break even, because this stock is dead. Here is my evidence:

Penny stock is irrelevant. Market value and potential is the important part.

 

Quote

 

Palatin was worth 3.5 dollars back in the day. During the last 5 YEARS its stock has been between 0.5 and 1.4. During the last 3 months the stock has been moving up and down between 0.9 and 1 dollar, and no news, which is morse code for "pump and dump". Now is 1.1, so my educated guess is that it is going down to 0.9 again.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. You look like an idiot analyst just looking at numbers.

1) the stock went down in previous years because their previous attempt had serious side effects. Now they have another improved drug

2) don't look 3 months back, look 6 months back, when they announced the FDA process, when it jumped from 0.35 to $1.17.

3) there were several news, with deals in China, Korea, etc. Money coming in. Euro deal is close.

4) regarding oscillations, there were stock options to be executed (they are now gone), so that justifies the up/down in October-January.

 

Quote

 

You mentioned "in the next days", so let´s review this thread after 5 days and see how the pumping went.

Just my 0.02.

 

The undeniable truth is that it went up from $0.35 to $1.17 in 6 months. That is not pumping. So keep your 0.02. I'm on this for the long run.

 

What pisses me off are people like you that only look at the numbers. Want to make money with stocks? Take a deep dive on the technical details, fuck chart analysis.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Can you look into that crystal ball, Mike, and give us some real dates?

Very hard to predict. Most analysts actually predict it for summer 2017, so we are almost 1 year ahead of it. There was a mini-shock in January that triggered a sell-off, because everybody is quite nervous. At first sign of correction, there will be a huge overreaction.

 

The main drivers for this crash/correction are:

- interest rates

- Trump actions

- Bitcoin implosion

- crisis in Venezuela, russia or some surprise crisis in either China or south korea

 

Trump and Bitcoin are the main drivers for the uncertainty. A trade war could start at any time, just because Trump had nothing better to tweet. Bitcoin could drop to zero either in a few days or in 2 years.

 

I'm diversifying my portfolio and going more into companies that don't depend on these effects, like biotech.

Stay away from financial companies and tech companies with ties to crypto currency, like AMD or NVidia.

 

I still have AMD stocks because there is a huge potential there (not related with cryptocurrencies), but I want to reduce the amount due to the risk.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fraufruit said:

From their own website  which I know is partial but does give an overview of what they are doing.

 

I will take my broker's advice on whether to buy or not and then, probably only $ 1k.

I do not expect much from their so called female viagra tbh. Anything that needs a sub cutaneous self injection is a bit of a passion killer imo. Some of their other drugs are interesting but not enough for me to warrant a punt. 

Add to that, discussion about them in various private financial fora over the last year or two is not exactly flattering so i will pass.

Then again, i have missed/passed on  more than a few good uns before so we will see. ;)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeCheese said:

I do not expect much from their so called female viagra tbh. Anything that needs a sub cutaneous self injection is a bit of a passion killer imo. Some of their other drugs are interesting but not enough for me to warrant a punt. 

That was my first thought. No women would self-inject 30min before sex!

 

Then I made deeper research and found out that the original molecule, discovered in the 60's, was already used by some men, despite the temporary strong side effects (dizzyness, vomiting).

So the drug also works in men, although it is being advertised for women.

 

And how many men are willing to inject themselves 30min before sex without heart issues concerns???

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

I did my research before buying the shares. I've read their research documents and there is huge potential.

 

And yet you cannot share any of it. Your sentence "they are going to make a big announcement" is backed by air, unless you can produce evidence, which you did not.

 

Penny stock is irrelevant. Market value and potential is the important part.

 

The Wolf of Wall Street. Have you seen that movie?

 

Wrong, wrong, wrong. You look like an idiot analyst just looking at numbers.

 

Doing analysis with numbers...yes, I am a big idiot. What was I thinking? But you have enlighted me by doing your analysis with...feelings? emotions? unicorns? Because so far you have not produce a grain of data to backup your "big announcement"...well, yes, we all know you have bought stocks, and unless you produce evidence otherwise, you are trying to pump them.

 

1) the stock went down in previous years because their previous attempt had serious side effects. Now they have another improved drug

 

So in other words, the stock went down because they failed to deliver (your words, not mine). But hey, now, this time, they will deliver. Yes I feel very "trusty" already. And, by the way, where is the info about this new drug? Oh, I know, it is all in your "research".

 

2) don't look 3 months back, look 6 months back, when they announced the FDA process, when it jumped from 0.35 to $1.17.

 

Look at the volume. If I pump capital, any stock goes up!

 

3) there were several news, with deals in China, Korea, etc. Money coming in. Euro deal is close.

 

And how did all those deals affected the stock price? Exactly.

 

4) regarding oscillations, there were stock options to be executed (they are now gone), so that justifies the up/down in October-January.

 

Strange. If one has great stocks, one would keep them. On the other hand, if one knows the stocks are going to be worth next to nothing soon, one would dump them. So yes, you are completely correct. The oscilations are clear indicators of what is going on.

The undeniable truth is that it went up from $0.35 to $1.17 in 6 months. That is not pumping. So keep your 0.02. I'm on this for the long run.

 

What pisses me off are people like you that only look at the numbers. Want to make money with stocks? Take a deep dive on the technical details, fuck chart analysis.

 

The undeniable truth is that the stock price used to be $3.5 and never went back. Even with all the anouncements. Even with all the deals and all the new developments.

 

What pisses me off is people trying to convince others to buy stocks with shady methods such as yours.

 

If you have honest reasons, put the evidence and be taken seriously. If you have no evidence then you are just trying to pump and dump.

 

And I am not saying that this stock is no good. I just say that you have provided ZERO evidence so far.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Alexia_Berlin said:

 

And yet you cannot share any of it. Your sentence "they are going to make a big announcement" is backed by air, unless you can produce evidence, which you did not.

I have been giving a very good tip for months. Do your own research, I've done mine. Got nothing to prove.

 

51 minutes ago, Alexia_Berlin said:

 

The Wolf of Wall Street. Have you seen that movie?

Penny stocks are as worth as any other stock. Some idiots fall for the low value. For me the individual stock value is irrelevant.

 

51 minutes ago, Alexia_Berlin said:

 

 

Doing analysis with numbers...yes, I am a big idiot. What was I thinking? But you have enlighted me by doing your analysis with...feelings? emotions? unicorns? Because so far you have not produce a grain of data to backup your "big announcement"...well, yes, we all know you have bought stocks, and unless you produce evidence otherwise, you are trying to pump them.

When a stock rises 160% in 6 months and I've been giving advice for 5 months, how is that pumping? Don't be an ass.

 

51 minutes ago, Alexia_Berlin said:

 

So in other words, the stock went down because they failed to deliver (your words, not mine). But hey, now, this time, they will deliver. Yes I feel very "trusty" already. And, by the way, where is the info about this new drug? Oh, I know, it is all in your "research".

Don't know why I waste time with your idiotic comments, but why do you think that because they failed to deliver once, that they will fail again? Do you think biotech gets it right all the time?

 

51 minutes ago, Alexia_Berlin said:

 

The undeniable truth is that the stock price used to be $3.5 and never went back. Even with all the anouncements. Even with all the deals and all the new developments.

The undeniable truth is that you bet on the current situation and on future prospects. All analysts have strong buy recommendations and you are stuck into a stupid financial analysis, which is no longer true.

 

51 minutes ago, Alexia_Berlin said:

What pisses me off is people trying to convince others to buy stocks with shady methods such as yours.

 

If you have honest reasons, put the evidence and be taken seriously. If you have no evidence then you are just trying to pump and dump.

 

And I am not saying that this stock is no good. I just say that you have provided ZERO evidence so far.

I don't have to provide evidence. I made a good case for the stock. People here are investing 100€ on it, this is worthless to pump up a stock.

If I wanted to pump up a stock, I would not waste my time here, I would go to trading forums, stocktwits, etc.

 

If this is not a thread to discuss stocks and funds, providing and receiving tips, what is this for? Stop being a troll!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now