Fiddling about with stocks, funds, etc. No conspiracy theories, please.

1,157 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I'm losing another car so far today. :o

I thought the golden rule is that the more you are into or towards retirement, the more risk averse your portfolio should be, so less exposed to swings either side.

I always say I'm losing/buying a car on the ups and downs. I am pretty risk averse. Everyone's portfolios go with the ebb and the flow of the market.

I'm good with living off of the dividends and not selling anything. We do a bit of trading a couple of times a year.

1 hour ago, Gambatte said:

I thought the golden rule is that the more you are into or towards retirement, the more risk averse your portfolio should be, so less exposed to swings either side.

That is often true but also a way the banks make sure people have the most miserable interest rate on a Sparplan. They pander to fears. And this is especially true in Germany. And they  and the insurance companies still offer stupid classical Kapitallebensversicherungen and Rentenversicherungen  in Germany. And people - even young Germans - still fall for it.

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

I just threw a couple thousand extra into my Vanguard FTSE world ETF, which I’d been wanting to do since a couple weeks anyway so it may as well be now. Otherwise not doing anything unless the drop is much bigger and we get greedy.

3 hours ago, Gambatte said:

Yes and unimportant for the long term investor and if done on a monthly basis- regular investment- Cost Average Effect. Even low income employees can benefit eg Vermögenswirksame Leistungen from their employers. I don't deal with this stuff anymore. Too tired. Too old. 

But a nice Aktienfonds long term is better than a bloody Sparplan at a bank long term. Only the bank wins, otherwise.

LONG term! 10, 15, 20 years or even better- forget about it. And then compare what you have earned with it compared to a stupid Sparbuch or whatever it is called these days.

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

John, could it be that when you write "Sparplan" you actually mean "Festgeld"?

I'm the least knowledgeable, but Sparplan can actually be anything, including Aktienfonds...

14 minutes ago, Gambatte said:

John, could it be that when you write "Sparplan" you actually mean "Festgeld"?

I'm the least knowledgeable, but Sparplan can actually be anything, including Aktienfonds...

he said bank sparplan, those designed to make the bank rich.

But enough to pay for the insurance?😂

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Got my car back today but it ain't over yet. :D

Is it ever over, though? Without armed communists? 🤔 

Any recommendations for an offshore closed end fund offering  worldwide diversification and underweight in technology growth stocks with triple digit P/E ratios?