Fiddling about with stocks, funds, etc. No conspiracy theories, please.

771 posts in this topic

This Wirecard director Marsalek is now suspected in Belarus since they found him in the immigration registry. Before, he was apparently in China and the Phillippines.

TBC

Turning everything over to a good professional was my smartest move. He makes sure that I make enough to pay him. :D

I still get to have opinions and input.

3 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Turning everything over to a good professional was my smartest move. He makes sure that I make enough to pay him. :D

I still get to have opinions and input.

would you reveal what your average return has been? I might ask you for his telephone number :D

He is in the U.S. and doesn't take foreign clients. When he does, I think he only takes people with about $250k or more these days.

Let's just say I get about the same amount monthly as Himself gets from his Rente after working for 45 yrs. and leave it at that. Not a lot but enough.

On 7/17/2020, 3:48:47, kapil354 said:

What do you think about  SDGR?

Love quoting my own self :)

On 7/20/2020, 5:35:17, fraufruit said:

Let's just say I get about the same amount monthly as Himself gets from his Rente after working for 45 yrs. and leave it at that. Not a lot but enough.

good on you!

So how is everyone doing? I bought and sold about 20 holdings yesterday. Major shift to Large Value over growth.  Getting ready for the next phase of a continued Bull market....

:ph34r:

@fraufruit I was just checking on the ETFs we  invested in in March. I am pleased.

ETA Our guy tried to get us into office buildings in Boston and New York in March. I told him that I refused to invest in US RE until after the next election. Now I am glad because office space sales and leasing are in the toilet. 

6 of 7 of my ETF's are doing quite well. One loser down almost 10%. It's the price of playing poker.

Glad yours are performing well.

I have not checked my mutual funds yet this year. The Trump ups and downs are nauseating.

43 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

So how is everyone doing? I bought and sold about 20 holdings yesterday. Major shift to Large Value over growth.  Getting ready for the next phase of a continued Bull market...

:ph34r:

I‘m more fully invested now than I was in January, so besides the usual sparplan I’m not investing extra in a significant amount in case there’s another drop. I’m not counting with one, though. Maybe I’m wrong in which case I’ll just have to do nothing and wait it out 😬 

Our investments from March and April are up a lot, overall I’m better off than if there hadn’t been Corona. Now I’m just hoping this bullshit to be over soon. No noticeable drop in property prices. Still willing to sell some shares to help buy another rental if the price is good.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

Now I am glad because office space sales and leasing are in the toilet. 

Which, in many cases, is the time to buy.

This is NOT advice.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

@fraufruit I was just checking on the ETFs we  invested in in March. I am pleased.

ETA Our guy tried to get us into office buildings in Boston and New York in March. I told him that I refused to invest in US RE until after the next election. Now I am glad because office space sales and leasing are in the toilet. 

how would you invest in RE in Boston/NY from here? Are there REITs for that with reasonable fees? Just curious.

16 minutes ago, mtbiking said:

how would you invest in RE in Boston/NY from here? Are there REITs for that with reasonable fees? Just curious.

This guy works with MLP. I guess their website might have something about it. 

Generally up, made some money on XAR.L +40%, made money on TESLA, but back in may so would have to look it up

currently down on easyjet, and Shell up on BP

Made money on  Airbus/boeing, but waiting for a full recovery ... could take a while

Been playing ABF.L and SNWH.L, both ok -but waiting to see enough gain to get out.

lots of shares already recovered, so it will be back to my normal share buying paterns soon.

Still cannot see a proterty crash at the moment, unless we need second and tired lockdowns, and the vaccine(s) do not work

On 7/20/2020, 5:35:17, fraufruit said:

He is in the U.S. and doesn't take foreign clients. When he does, I think he only takes people with about $250k or more these days.

On 7/17/2020, 3:48:47, kapil354 said:

What do you think about  SDGR?

I am invested in 

BRK (Doing ok)

NVIDIA (Doing amazingly well. Confused whether I should boko profits)

SDGR (Bill Gates increased his stake recently. Check on whalewisdom. For me its in red but i hopeful)

GOLD (This one has been a drag on my portfolio. Timing the market does not work.)

Nibbling into Industrial ETF.

But seems like the folks with ETFs have lower risk and similar returns.