Fiddling about with stocks, funds, etc. No conspiracy theories, please.

771 posts in this topic

Holding on to Tesla, selling most of it on the day they will announce results. I think it will drop even if results are very positive.

7 hours ago, dom said:

what about pharma firm(s) that is working on a corona vaccine? Gilead shares rocketed already

Would do a pharma etf in that case?

14 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Would do a pharma etf in that case?

I compared a pharma ETF with an all-world equivalent. As far as I can tell, the rebound after Corona has been over 20% for the pharma ETF compared with ca 7% for all-world:

5f0eb5d367c48_UnbenanntesBild.png.abf8fc

39 minutes ago, dom said:

I compared a pharma ETF with an all-world equivalent. As far as I can tell, the rebound after Corona has been over 20% for the pharma ETF compared with ca 7% for all-world:

5f0eb5d367c48_UnbenanntesBild.png.abf8fc

Developed World is not the same as an All World.

If you compare it with the Vanguard All World then the difference is not so much.

22 hours ago, dom said:

what about pharma firm(s) that is working on a corona vaccine? Gilead shares rocketed already

Yeah, but a counties are working on a vaccine, about 130 - sure the first one that gets a working vaccine might make a lot of money, but its difficult to pick the company/firm who gets a working vaccine, if you pick a company/firm that fails to get a working vaccine the share price will fall in that company.

Also, the 2 UK vaccines that are being developed, are not going to be sold for a profit, they will be sold at cost, meaning the companies who make them will not make any money if anything on them, so why should the share price go up on that.

To me its like betting than investing, there is very little information out there, as to who will get the first working vaccine, if any.

I have only one single pharm stock - Regeneron. It is up 108% since I bought it in June last year.

No pharm ETF's or mutual funds.

Just saw this -

Moderna Inc (NASDAQ: MRNA) is getting a big boost in Tuesday's after-hours session following a positive development on the company's coronavirus vaccine.

What Happened? Moderna's vaccine drug shows "induced anti–SARS-CoV-2 immune responses in all participants, and no trial-limiting safety concerns were identified. These findings support further development of this vaccine."

The 45 enrolled participants in the Phase 1 clinical trial of the mRNA-1273 SARS-CoV-2 vaccine received their first vaccination between March 16 and April 14, 2020.

here

23 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I have only one single pharm stock - Regeneron. It is up 108% since I bought it in June last year.

I have finally realised why you call yourself fraufruit! ;)

Invest in Berkshire and let it grow ;)

VIX or volatility very high. For commoners like me it is difficult to predict where it is all going.

Let Munger and Warren figure it out for you - while you enjoy German summer.  

On 7/15/2020, 12:30:29, fraufruit said:

Just saw this -

Moderna Inc (NASDAQ: MRNA) is getting a big boost in Tuesday's after-hours session following a positive development on the company's coronavirus vaccine.

What Happened? Moderna's vaccine drug shows "induced anti–SARS-CoV-2 immune responses in all participants, and no trial-limiting safety concerns were identified. These findings support further development of this vaccine."

The 45 enrolled participants in the Phase 1 clinical trial of the mRNA-1273 SARS-CoV-2 vaccine received their first vaccination between March 16 and April 14, 2020.

here

Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation 13f (their public info on their holdings) has some pharma stocks you might want to consider. If you are interested in pharma.

https://whalewisdom.com/filer/bill-melinda-gates-foundation-trust#tabholdings_tab_link

Buffet has small position in TEVA as well. But very small. His 13f is also availble online. 

I love to copy the two rich guys aka Buffet and Gates ;)  

Just now, fraufruit said:

I read yesterday that if that Moderna vaccine works out, it will take 2 years to get on the market.

History sugested avg time for vac to get to market is 4 years.

Amercian President might think otherwise. But history says 4 yrs.

1 minute ago, fraufruit said:

I read yesterday that if that Moderna vaccine works out, it will take 2 years to get on the market.

What do you think about  SDGR?

On 7/16/2020, 10:05:12, dom said:

I have finally realised why you call yourself fraufruit! ;)

On 7/17/2020, 11:22:16, fraufruit said:

Why?

On 7/17/2020, 11:45:54, yesterday said:

I guess because the fruit of your financial investments are bountiful :rolleyes:, not to pu words in @DOM mouth !!

On 7/17/2020, 3:51:27, fraufruit said:

Sorry, I can't help you. I pay somebody to do my thinking for me these days. B)

Anyone else?

Fraufruit-ful indeed! Didn't you know you have a positive reputation here as a stock-guru!! ;) (with or without professional help)!

I'm blushing.

Seriously, I've been at it over 40 years. My aunt gave me $1200 in a mutual fund. My mom taught me from there. Then I got people. Don't worry, I lost plenty in my younger years when I thought I knew everything. :P

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

I'm blushing.

Seriously, I've been at it over 40 years. My aunt gave me $1200 in a mutual fund. My mom taught me from there. Then I got people. Don't worry, I lost plenty in my younger years when I thought I knew everything. :P

I am loosing it right now.

Any lessons :)?

53 minutes ago, kapil354 said:

I am loosing it right now.

Any lessons :)?

Tighten up?