Fiddling about with stocks, funds, etc. No conspiracy theories, please.

812 posts in this topic

Looks like that dead cat doesn't bounce so good after all.

 

No wonder, given that Grab has put its proposed partnership with Wirecard on hold and that two different law firms have announced class action suits for securities fraud.

 

And given the precipitous drop in their market capitalization, they're going to be unceremoniously ejected from the DAX at the end of the month, which will further depress demand for the stock.

 

It might be fun to buy a few shares if you enjoy gambling, but at 15 yoyos a pop, you're probably better off doing to the casino and putting it all on black.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting for another company to gobble up Wirecard before it becomes non-existent. 

 

Best case scenario for those of you who are invested.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no such thing as beginner's luck in this game!!

 

What tips are out there? I've got to make up for my near-fatal accident with wire card! :P

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dom said:

There's no such thing as beginner's luck in this game!!

 

What tips are out there? I've got to make up for my near-fatal accident with wire card! :P

 

This was my Major mess up together (maybe ) with Lufthansa, which  I also bought at 9.22 per share but also not looking so good.

 

My biggest investment in terms of stock is still the Vanguard all world etf.

 

I actually very rarely buy individual stock (mostly ETF`s) and after my disaster with Wirecard I will probably now stick with the ETF`s.

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I'm waiting for another company to gobble up Wirecard before it becomes non-existent. 

 

Best case scenario for those of you who are invested.

Fraufruit, if that happens, it might be the worst for investors, as the new company might just buy  what is left of bankrupcy for a very low value.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

I actually very rarely buy individual stock (mostly ETF`s) and after my disaster with Wirecard I will probably now stick with the ETF`s.

 

I am exactly in the same situation. I had originally thought that Wirecard seemed to have something good going for them with a strong potential to cover more of the electron payments market. I had put the auditing mishaps to mistakes which would in the long term not affect the strong share price...how wrong can you be??

:huh:

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wirecard is for the big boys, especially when the sharks from hedgefunds step in. Their competitor is Adyen NV from Amsterdam. Shares went through the roof since opening.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adyen share prices have doubled in the last 1 year from 600 to 1200 euros. amazing growth similar to Tesla.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good grief!

 

Quote

The source close to talks with creditors said that although the company had a healthy core, about two-thirds of its sales had been faked in its accounts.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, I said the same - Just just hope RF sold, before the whole thing went down. But it will be an expensive leason for a lot of people, thankfully I never put my euros there

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, yesterday said:

yes, I said the same - Just just hope RF sold, before the whole thing went down. But it will be an expensive leason for a lot of people, thankfully I never put my euros there

 

Didn`t sell. Lost it all.

 

Still at break even with my other stuff.

 

I bought Vanguard All world when the Dow Jones was just over 19500.

 

Will stick with ETF`s now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry RF! Hopefully it wasn't a lot of money...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wirecard is really a holy crap moment for me, not because I own any of their stock except maybe small amounts though DAX etfs (sorry for your loss RF et al), but because more than a couple German friends of mine do in very substantial amounts and also didn’t sell. I was with them on Tuesday and we talked again at length about it.. their hope/expectation on Tuesday still being of a recovery to 80 eur or so this year. diversifying and buying the wide market is boring but safe.


I haven’t sold anything. I believe in Mikemelga that a downturn is coming but selling would mean paying a lot in taxes so blah. I’ll be dumping a lot of money into the stock market during the downturn anyway.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, mtbiking said:

Wirecard is really a holy crap moment for me, not because I own any of their stock except maybe small amounts though DAX etfs (sorry for your loss RF et al), but because more than a couple German friends of mine do in very substantial amounts and also didn’t sell. I was with them on Tuesday and we talked again at length about it.. their hope/expectation on Tuesday still being of a recovery to 80 eur or so this year. diversifying and buying the wide market is boring but safe.


I haven’t sold anything. I believe in Mikemelga that a downturn is coming but selling would mean paying a lot in taxes so blah. I’ll be dumping a lot of money into the stock market during the downturn anyway.

The Fed will just buy everything during the next down turn. Governments will then throw more stimulus. I think March was the time to buy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might sadly review my position and actually sell some 20% of Tesla. California is having a huge surge of cases and that will affect production at Fremont well before I expected. This will give no time for backlog cleanup from Tesla and give really bad Q3 results. So I might sell 20-25% and buy again on the upcoming dip. I was expecting a second lockdown within 4-6 weeks, but it looks like it might come much faster. Berlin is not up until next year and Shanghai is only for Chinese market and production levels are still not that high.

Of course I could have kept my pride intact and say nothing about it, but this is what this thread is about.

 

https://us.cnn.com/2020/06/25/health/california-coronavirus-cases-surge/index.html

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now