Fiddling about with stocks, funds, etc. No conspiracy theories, please.

812 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Wirecard down another 38% today.

I sold most of what I had... No profit worth writing home about, but "saved" on the further 38% loss.

A joke is that I got an email from Wirecard yesterday saying "don't worry about what you heard in the media, your capital is protected by EU and national funds!

related to cash in the bank -yes, but not for stocks, right?

20 minutes ago, dom said:

I sold most of what I had... No profit worth writing home about, but "saved" on the further 38% loss.

A joke is that I got an email from Wirecard yesterday saying "don't worry about what you heard in the media, your capital is protected by EU and national funds!

related to cash in the bank -yes, but not for stocks, right?

Well done.

Thats what I would have done.

I am in a bit of a pickle.

I bought my wirecard shares at 86 Euros now worth only 15 Euros.

I have put in a sell order for 50 Euros, just in case it spikes.

Not worth selling, I guess it is just wait and see.

wirecard ended the day at 14Euros. i expect that to reach single digit this week.

5 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

I sold my ETFs today. I got a good run since mid March, but I think stocks will sink again in the next 3 months. US is not taking Covid seriously and unless a good treatment shows up quickly, US will shutdown again in a few months and stocks will sink, creating a new opportunity.

I am keeping my Tesla stocks because in the long run they will go up. I will just buy more in the dip.

@MikeMelga: which ETF are you into? S&P 500 or MSCI world index? i do not see US shutting down with elections scheduled for November this year.

He means the Us will shut down with another virus spike, I think :huh:

The world needs to wake up to the huge debt it got during lock down

3 hours ago, decow said:

@MikeMelga: which ETF are you into? S&P 500 or MSCI world index? i do not see US shutting down with elections scheduled for November this year.

S&P500. I think the US is not doing nearly enough to control the spreading, so I think there will be a spike, perhaps larger than the first, within the next 6 weeks.

EDIT: Nice video to show why I think this is going down:

https://us.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/06/20/william-schaffner-us-coronavirus-trending-other-countries-lemon-intv-ctn-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/coronavirus/

Economy can withstand being stopped for 2-3 months. But not another 2-3 months, so I think another dip is coming.

I'm holding to my Tesla stock because I'm long. Still, I think it can easily drop 30-40% in the next few months, especially because Q2 numbers will probably not be good.

Just waiting for the dip and buy some more.

1 hour ago, yesterday said:

He means the Us will shut down with another virus spike, I think :huh:

Yes.

The world needs to wake up to the huge debt it got during lock down

Not yet, this will come in 2-4 years. Next dip is still caused by the virus. The only way this is not dipping again is if:

• a good treatment that reduces fatality shows up - or - 
  • a extremely promising vaccine shows up, even if it takes 6 more months to be released

8 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

S&P500. I think the US is not doing nearly enough to control the spreading, so I think there will be a spike, perhaps larger than the first, within the next 6 weeks.

EDIT: Nice video to show why I think this is going down:

https://us.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/06/20/william-schaffner-us-coronavirus-trending-other-countries-lemon-intv-ctn-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/coronavirus/

Economy can withstand being stopped for 2-3 months. But not another 2-3 months, so I think another dip is coming.

I'm holding to my Tesla stock because I'm long. Still, I think it can easily drop 30-40% in the next few months, especially because Q2 numbers will probably not be good.

Just waiting for the dip and buy some more.

Yes.

Not yet, this will come in 2-4 years. Next dip is still caused by the virus. The only way this is not dipping again is if:

• a good treatment that reduces fatality shows up - or - 
  • a extremely promising vaccine shows up, even if it takes 6 more months to be released

The Fed will print the coronavirus away.

2 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Yes, but there will be a dip when states reinforce lockdown.

And that is where the Fed will come in.

It will start to buy absolutely everything.

22 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

shares went up 35% today. no reasons to see this upward movement. puzzling still.

On 6/22/2020, 1:29:40, MikeMelga said:

I sold my ETFs today. I got a good run since mid March, but I think stocks will sink again in the next 3 months. US is not taking Covid seriously and unless a good treatment shows up quickly, US will shudown again in a few months and stocks will sink, creating a new opportunity.

I am keeping my Tesla stocks because in the long run they will go up. I will just buy more in the dip.

2 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Wirecard now up 13% in pre-morning trading.

At 30 I will probably sell and take the hit.

Really 

Wirecard looks like its at 17 eur, almost the same price it opened at

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/quote/WDI.DE/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAACtqmi0txbqvNXNgXmwB3PD1TJLlxceIP4-5MRJwGZwuiwaqchDCjXEi0DfTjPiSfS8Ah5bqCHFA8e9uH1o0wy5NTVwBoxPOxjB8Fgn5Omkavp6l3BQ1ddIpFz15Dw_0a2hT2rgNB5hhgPIFzazZAvAdTMho3khELwcavvlR6EqY

I do not the spike up to 30, but I wish you luck in getting there

11 minutes ago, yesterday said:

went over 19 this morning but now back down.