Fiddling about with stocks, funds, etc. No conspiracy theories, please.

397 posts in this topic

any of you guys millionaires yet? :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

That is your evidence?  A forum for Tesla users.

You really are sounding more and more ridiculous.

And you are sounding more ridiculous by following a non issue. Really, nothing else to pick on?

20 hours ago, fraufruit said:

No comment.B)

thought so! ;)

May I ask here for some advice: does it make sense to have an investment portfolio consisting of ETFs and individual shares?? If, so, and if you had 10000€ to invest in individual shares, would there be one company to invest in which has the potential of amazon in the eighties?

Thanks!

It is a good idea to diversify. I have both and also funds in my portfolio. I'm sorry that I cannot recommend one single stock. I would ask my broker/financial adviser. I could mention a few that have done well for me but that doesn't mean that they will continue to do so.

4 hours ago, dom said:

May I ask here for some advice: does it make sense to have an investment portfolio consisting of ETFs and individual shares?? If, so, and if you had 10000€ to invest in individual shares, would there be one company to invest in which has the potential of amazon in the eighties?

Thanks!

I am in exactly same situation. Was not doing any saving or investment for last so many years. Now tried to save something for past few months and would like to invest 10k somewhere, but not sure where. 

I am yet to open a depot account was comparing them and its not easy to pick one of them. ING looks cheapest but it says 2.90€ for first 6 months and not sure what after that.

https://finanzen.check24.de/accounts/d/depot/result?b2bid=50&cpid=checkbank

I would like to buy few Stocks for long term or invest in ETFs

4 hours ago, dom said:

Thanks!

Not even Warren Buffet could answer your question, and I presume he doesn't post here anyway. Long story short, dump the €10000 in a whole world low cost index fond (I'd recommend Vanguard FTSE All World because it's Vanguard, but others like Blackrock ishares MSCI world will do fine) and forget about it. Long term you'll be fine, which is something you can not be sure of if you start buying individual shares from sellers like Warren Buffet who know a lot more about the business than you do. 

PS: My own Portfolio is around 90% index fonds and 10% individual stock. I consider the 10% in individual stock my playground. 

35 minutes ago, CryptoAndBeyond said:

I am in exactly same situation. Was not doing any saving or investment for last so many years. Now tried to save something for past few months and would like to invest 10k somewhere, but not sure where. 

I am yet to open a depot account was comparing them and its not easy to pick one of them. ING looks cheapest but it says 2.90€ for first 6 months and not sure what after that.

https://finanzen.check24.de/accounts/d/depot/result?b2bid=50&cpid=checkbank

I would like to buy few Stocks for long term or invest in ETFs

Go with Onvista, it's rated Nr. 1 by Finanztest and it's also the cheapest.

thanks guys! I started investing also a bit too late - but have only ETFs so far in portfolio. I agree that long term this is the best option, but I was told that through ETFs "you won't become rich, but you won't die poor". 10000€ as play money (if you can afford it) is a chance to boost the returns, but I guess you have to have your eye on the ball a lot.

@fraufruit how do you keep your financial advisor's costs in check??

On 7/12/2019, 3:31:55, mtbiking said:

Go with Onvista, it's rated Nr. 1 by Finanztest and it's also the cheapest.

Unfortunately, onVista doesn't work for me. I am an Indian national and onVista just allows certain European Nationalities to open Account with them. 

On 7/12/2019, 10:48:21, dom said:

Thanks!

Thats always the tricky bit to investing, decieding which shares are going to go up an which shares are going to go down -  if you get to know any  garented wins .then please let us know.

As a general rule, always buy shares at the bottom price and sell them at the top, that way you can never lose money

34 minutes ago, dom said:

thanks guys! I started investing also a bit too late - but have only ETFs so far in portfolio. I agree that long term this is the best option, but I was told that through ETFs "you won't become rich, but you won't die poor". 10000€ as play money (if you can afford it) is a chance to boost the returns, but I guess you have to have your eye on the ball a lot.

A lot depends on your age and when you want to access the money. Someone in there 30`s who wants to access the money in their 60`s will probably chose a different ETF to invest in than someone in their 50´s who want to access the money in there 60`s.

1 hour ago, dom said:

how do you keep your financial advisor's costs in check??

I pay quarterly fees based on the amounts I have in each account. I also pay commission when buy and selling certain products. Some things I have are commission free. My mom always told me to by no-load mutual funds. That means no commisssion on top of the fund's own fees. They all have fees included. I've tried to stick to that but not always easy. My adviser makes his money and he makes my money work for me. 

I agree with RF about age. I'm at the stage of living off of my investments. I gambled a lot in my younger years. It was fun.

5 minutes ago, dom said:

are the investments your advisor recommends/makes confidential?

I don't think so. Never thought about it.

12 hours ago, dom said:

@fraufruit how do you keep your financial advisor's costs in check??

The way to become wealthy is through investing income earned by of your hard work, either by expanding your business if you’re self employed or if you work for someone else by earning as much as possible, being frugal, and investing a substantial sum (€1000’s) per month in income producing assets which appreciate with time. If you proceed like this ETFs that represent the wide market will for sure make you rich. Other boring assets like real estate also work given time. Betting a few thousand in what you hope is the next amazon will almost certainly not work, a bit like playing the lottery is not a retirement plan.

Fraufruit has a diversified portfolio, she didn’t get wealthy by investing in one or two shares and hoping for the best (feel free to correct me, fraufruit.)

On 12.7.2019, 10:48:21, dom said:

would there be one company to invest in which has the potential of amazon in the eighties?

There was no Amazon in the eighties.

51 minutes ago, Gambatte said:

There was no Amazon in the eighties.

ok nineties!:D