Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Indian restaurants in Frankfurt

9 posts in this topic

This week end I discovered a new Indian restaurant in Frankfurt (Bockenheim). The food was really good and priced quite attractively too. Its called Namaste India.

Telefonbuch entry for "Namaste India"

And while we're on the subject, can I just mention the Delhi Palace (Tübingerstraße 67) here in Stuttgart? Went there with "scooby" from the Britboard a few weeks ago and was quite impressed by it. Very unassuming as you go in but we noticed that some Indians were already tucking into their meal when we arrived (always a good sign), and the food did indeed turn out to be very good (the owner realised we were English and spiced our dishes accordingly... B)), and at a reasonable price as well. Can't compare it with the value for money you get in Bradford, but any port in a storm.

For all curry lovers, let me copy the address from the restaurant's business card!

Namaste India

Jordanstrasse 19

60486 Frankfurt

Telefon: 069 701287

Cheers

IMHO it is!

You will also notice a big difference in the prices to your advantage.

When I was there last Sunday, I came across some guests who were visiting the restaurant a second/third time and the place has actually opened only about a month ago.

Dont know if this has been mentioned before but I went to a 'new'? Indian restaurant last night.

Its called Namaste in Jordannstr, Bockenheim and I must say (being indian myself) it was one of the most pleasant restraunts I have been to in FFM. Its not your usual boring colour scheme as its a vibrant yellow/orange colour with chaisse longues to sit more at any table.

The food is clean and fresh and extremely tastey (just like my mother / wife cooks it :P ) and has a better variety for vegans.

Well worth a visit! Even if is for the Mango schnapps as an after eight!

Light on the pocket too.

No doubt I will be going again.

I do recommend the Khandhani Ghosht (Karahi Lamb) though