Looking for English speakers in the Tönning area

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

My family and I moved to the Tönning last summer and left a wonderful network of English speakers behind us in Würzburg. I'm English, from near Bristol, and am bringing my sons (2 and 4) up bilingually. I'm looking for English speakers to meet up with in the Tönning/Husum/Heide area with or without children. I'm missing the direct contact with native speakers at the moment.

If any one is interested in meeting up, please let me know.

Morwenna

Hi Morwenna, 

How are you? I've been missing the direct contact too. I live in Eggebek which not that far but to meet up it might be a bit difficult as i don't have a car with me. Anyway please Email me if you would love to talk or something xxx 

On 16.1.2018, 09:37:14, Zingfairy said:

My family and I moved to the Tönning last summer and left a wonderful network of English speakers behind us in Würzburg.

@ZingfairyYou poor thing!  Whatever possesed you to move there?

I "know" Tönning  from driving up the A23 / B5 & across the Eider from Pinneberg to Husum / Hattstedt where mother-in-law lives.  Its barren in Summer & bleak in Winter!

English speakers are going to be as rare as hens's teeth (the locals probably speak Platt rather than German...)

Best of Luck!

Hi Morwenna,

I live just north of Itzehoe with my two boys (4 and 6) who we are also bringing up bilingually.  I'm originally from near Wolverhampton but have lived in Schleswig-Holstein for a while now.  We lived in Heide for a couple of years.  It would be great for my boys to have contact with other children who are being brought bilingually but would also welcome some contact with native speakers myself.  Meeting in Heide would be no problem.  We often go there and there are a couple of nice restaurants or bars to meet at without children...

Hi Morwenna,

Are you still living in Tönning?

I live near Friedrichstadt.

I have been living here in Schleswig-Holstein since 2021.

Would love to have contact if you are interested.

Maggie

The OP has not logged into TT since January 2018 so don't hold your breath...

In that area of Schleswig-Holstein "there the dog is buried" to translate a German saying...

You have my sympathy.