Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Radio bill reminder even though I signed SEPA letter

8 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Need your help in understanding what is going on with my Radio bill. I started getting radio bills from May 2017, but I dint pay nor sign SEPA authorization until 2 weeks back(I think on 4th Jan 2018).

Since I have signed SEPA letter and sent them now, will they be able to deduct money from my account for all the previous months from the beginning in May 2017?

Why I am asking is because I got a letter(dated 2nd January 2018) today asking for payment of 95Euros(including fine of 8Euros :( )for the period from May 2017 to September 2017. I dont understand why they sent this letter even though I have signed the SEPA authorization letter... They have also attached a letter for filling payment information.

I tried attaching the letter but this forum has a impractical limit of file size to upload. Please advice me what to do.

Thank you guys.

11 minutes ago, Navikh said:

... but I dint pay nor sign SEPA authorization until 2 weeks back(I think on 4th Jan 2018).

11 minutes ago, Navikh said:

because I got a letter(dated 2nd January 2018) I dont understand why they sent this letter

They are not psychics.

They sent that letter BEFORE you signed your SEPA authorization – do you expect them to know on a 2nd January that you will sign that on a 4th Jan.?

6 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

They are not psychics.

They sent that letter BEFORE you signed your SEPA authorization – do you expect them to know on a 2nd January that you will sign that on a 4th Jan.?

True, But they know that they have sent a letter to me to sign. They sent the letter as I registered online for SEPA direct debit. Shouldnt they wait for sometime until I send it back ?

I check with my German fellow friends but none of them know what exactly this is. All of them suggested me to call them up. I once tried calling them, they dint speak english, alrigh, but I told her that my German is bad so speak slowly , but she banged the phone down :(

1 hour ago, Navikh said:

True, But they know that they have sent a letter to me to sign. They sent the letter as I registered online for SEPA direct debit. Shouldnt they wait for sometime until I send it back ?

They wait for you to pay since May 2017.

but she banged the phone down :(

Even if there would have been a telephone involved on their side – those ppl in the call centers use headsets those days, you know – you wouldn't have heard that. ;)

Make one of your German friends call them on monday. 

Latest update:-

I think by now they should have got my SEPA authorization letter. I did not try to call them. I waited to see if they will actually cut the money from my bank account, but they havent cut yet. I donno when they will deduct the amount. I would better call them up tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Navikh said:

Latest update:-

I think by now they should have got my SEPA authorization letter. I did not try to call them. I waited to see if they will actually cut the money from my bank account, but they havent cut yet. I donno when they will deduct the amount. I would better call them up tomorrow.

As suggested- ask German friend to call them.

On 1/13/2018, 9:18:17, Navikh said:

but she banged the phone down :(

They are busy planning where they can waste their 6 billion euro budget.

Finally they replied with a letter saying that they will be deducting required amount + 8 Euro penalty fee :/ .