Rent and register an airbandb apartment in Munich

3 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I am moving from another German city and I am starting to look for apartment to rent for a short period in Munich, since I would like to look for a long term on with more calm. I was wondering if it is possible to register an airbandb apartment for the first arrival. I know that the renting via airbandb could be punished with a fine, is it true? Many thanks

You're allowed to stay in an Airbnb in Munich. And most of the people who rent their space are allowed to rent them out (either less than 50% of one's living space or 100% of a space for no more than 6 weeks a year are the rules to follow). I don't know if you can use a temporary address to register at the KVR though, you'd have to ask them.

You can register at the KVR in a short-term accommodation (such as Airbnb), yes, as long as your landlord gives you the required form (Wohnungsgeberbestätigung). I did so last year myself.

Be aware that some owners might be reluctant of doing this, because the form needs to include the signature from the owner, and they might be subrenting the apartment behind their back. It is better that you ask before committing to renting the apartment.

If the host does not know about this form, you can redirect them to this website: https://www.freistaat.bayern/dokumente/leistung/032974919541 . It is mandatory this form since November 1st 2015.