Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Verein charges membership fee although I didn't use any of their services

74 posts in this topic

Around 1 year ago I was in local Lohi office near Munich

and applied to Steuerberater to do tax return, he offered to do my tax return for 2012 and 2013, for the rest of years he told to do later (I believe because he wanted to charge multiple Mitgledischaft)

he started but the thing was that he needed some more papers to complete it, so I told I will try to get the papers later

As I work all the time and busy and since some of the documents was from my country of origin and quite complicated to get never did it , and eventually I never got them and forgot about tax return at all

In the middle of December I got email from the same lohi Steuerberater that "I must send the documents to him" 

I told I do not live in Munich any more and also have not this papers,

in reply he never mentioned anything else that I would be charged and what was other consequences of not submitting the rest of papers, in a unfriendly way he demanded again to submit the rest of the papers...

now a week ago I got debit of my account  aroundd 100 euro for "Lohi Muenchen Mitgledischaft 2017"

I have written email asking for what service was the charge and what he has done, he has not replied 

I send now second email saying I will revert transaction if he will not reply withing 2 days and I am quite keen on doing this.

I  was thinking  this is just one time fee, I could not imagine that this was again brutal German contract which charges me with yearly interval.

any ideas if he has right to change me for Mitgledischaft, even if he has not done  anything at all, and how to deal with such a**hole?

You did not go to a Steuerberater but to the Lohnsteuerhilfeverein. So you are a member of the verein and are responsible to pay the membership fee until you cancel your membership.

29 minutes ago, alien7 said:

I  was thinking  this is just one time fee, I could not imagine that this was again brutal German contract which charges me with yearly interval.

any ideas if he has right to change me for Mitgledischaft, even if he has not done  anything at all, and how to deal with such a**hole?

Do you also consider your gym to be an asshole if it charges you the membership fee even though you never make it to the gym?

I would suggest reading the small-print, and knowing what you are signing-up for before you actually do so!

since you have become a member of the Verein, you need to cancel your membership - it will say somewhere in the paperwork how long the kündigungsfrist is, and how much of the membership fee will be due until you become a non-member.

2 minutes ago, vronchen said:

Do you also consider your gym to be an asshole if it charges you the membership fee even though you never make it to the gym?

I consider it illegal to charge people for something they are not aware of, even though some 77 th  or 89 th page of signed bullshit contract says it is so ok to do so...

- and who was stupid enough to sign the "bullshit contract"???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now put on your big-boy-pants and cancel the bloody contract!!!

- and this is LEGAL advice!!!

the topic is in LEGAL department of forum open for a reason,  to get suggestions how to sue the Lohnsteuerhilfeverein for the dishonest activities they do

any constructive constructive suggestions?

10 minutes ago, alien7 said:

I consider it illegal to charge people for something they are not aware of, even though some 77 th  or 89 th page of signed bullshit contract says it is so ok to do so...

If you go to lohi website and look at the faq the very first question is how long the membership last. It's not hidden or a surprise especially since you obviously gave them your bank account information.

9 minutes ago, alien7 said:

the topic is in LEGAL department of forum open for a reason,  to get suggestions how to sue the Lohnsteuerhilfeverein

any constructive constructive suggestions?

There are none. You became a member and agreed to the terms and conditions.

You've already been advised to cancel the contract? That's your only recourse. A €100 lesson learned.

alien7, whether you want to believe it or not, it is you who has made the mistake here, and not the Lohnsteuerhilfe.

The only way you are going to get out of further obligations to the Lohi is to send them a letter, cancelling your membership.

Being rude to other TTers is not going to help!

robinson100  even the title of this dummy profession, Lohnsteuerhilfer translated to english means "helper " and they are suppose to help me and inform that documents should I provide and what not and what happens if I can not bring some document and so on...
and not like rob me and charge for doing nothing.

are you all crazy? I go to to a portal to consult to lawyer directly,  you are all not useful  :wacko:

Why did you give people your bank account information? I mean, is that not an obvious sign that something is to be taken from your account?

It's okay, Fritsen, he is an Alien and hasn't got a clue about real life on this planet.

I would feel sorry for him if I had the time, but I need to go and cut my toemails now.

I am a member of Lohi for 3 years now; and i absolutely like their services. Am sorry if the berater was asking you to supply documents; you should have corresponded to him correctly and in time. The charges are transparent and the website is very clear on them( if you check the FAQ). This is a verien; like a co-operative where you are a member and not a one to one consultation. the FAQ also defines this clearly.

Now that you think we all are not helpful; and you want to approach a lawyer; be aware that a lawyer might also charge you fees even if he/she does not file a lawsuit for you.

Fritsen , IBAN can be a public information as you can see most of the companies include such details on public websites

it does not mean that some A**hole can take it apply direct debit to charge it

which I can and will take back with  two button clicks !

Your IBAN is not public information; companies put their IBAN for uberwesung information. In this case you have given your IBAN to Lohi and signed an authorization for payment as well.

You really sound pissed off. Sorry about what happened, but the advice given by everybody else is sound. I think some sleep would do you well before you do this

2 minutes ago, alien7 said:

which I can and will take back with one button click !

In Swahili we have a saying, 'hasira hasara"
Actions made in anger will soon be regretted.