O2 DSL Internet - Which router to buy

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I will be living at my current apartment only for about half a year and would like to setup an internet connection.

I chose an offer from O2 without Laufzeit (no point to setup 2 year contract):

https://www.o2online.de/e-shop/dsl-festnetz/o2-dsl-m?zielgruppe=privatkunden&ohne-router=true&packs=%20&intcmp=epo2p_promo-short-teaser_dsl-festnetz-bss-o2-dsl-m

However, I would have to pay 50 euro to just borrow the router from them. Plus rental costs. 50 euro seems quite steep for something I will be using for half a year.

I would like to ask you if you can advise the cheapest router I could buy myself and use for this connection. This way at least I could keep it...

Thank you.

Hans

Thank you @sneaker ! This is perfect.

Are you sure this model will suffice? Does it have everything necessary? Because O2 is lending higher models (7490 and 7590)...

Then take the one that they offering and pay for it!

You are talking 9€ per month extra cost.. 

Best watch out for the 7€ delivery charge for the Router and access data... :ph34r:

15 hours ago, johanesus said:

Are you sure this model will suffice? Does it have everything necessary? Because O2 is lending higher models (7490 and 7590)...

It covers the base needs. It has everything the 7490 has except 5 GHz wifi (2.4 GHz only), ISDN bus and a second analog phone connector. (And no support for POTS/ISDN from ISP but O2 doesn't offer that anyways. Almost no ISP in Germany does anymore so those are useless.)

Thank you very much @sneaker

You have been very helpful.

@SpiderPig, I am poor and unfortunately, I am not in a position to waste money. The router I have bought I can sell afterwards and get some of the investment back.