Found an SD card with photos at Frankfut Hbf - Is there an online board that everyone checks?

26 posts in this topic

I found an SD card at the train station. It has some pictures (I only looked to find clues) that don't really help (and are not explicit :). I know I can turn it in to someone at the station (not sure whom exactly), but is there a board that all Germans, especially younger ones, check? From the photos, it seems they're young, and maybe dancers/breakers, and maybe like to scale buildings. I would hate to lose an SD card with photos, so I'd like to try to get this to them. There aren't too many photos, but whatever.

There is a Fundbüro in the Hbf.  I left my umbrella on a S train in Ffm once.  Went to the Hbf Fundbüro and they had it!

Take it home, load them in your computer and run them through google reverse image search. You might get a facebook hit for someone to contact. 

On 06/01/2018, 14:20:36, Petro6golf said:

Take it home, load them in your computer and run them through google reverse image search. You might get a facebook hit for someone to contact. 

How does this work?

I might just take it to the Fundbuero... can't be bothered to do the legwork.

Every railway station has a Fundbüro. It keeps the items for certain period of time, then it gets followed to Wuppertal. What happens next, no idea. 

I lost my camera, it was neither in Fundbüro nor in Wuppertal.

13 hours ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

How does this work?

Look up google reverse image search and go to that site. Take the picture off your computer and upload it to the site. In a minute it should tell you with reasonable accuracy if there is a duplicate or something similar online. Its really really easy. 

54 minutes ago, Petro6golf said:

Look up google reverse image search and go to that site. Take the picture off your computer and upload it to the site. In a minute it should tell you with reasonable accuracy if there is a duplicate or something similar online. Its really really easy. 

If the person lost the SD card, then they more than likely didn't have the opportunity to upload the photos anywhere before they lost it.

Plus, Most people don't publish their photos publicly online for everybody to see. And if the photo includes a landmark, then you will get too many hits to be useful.  And even if you find a hit, you might still not be able to track down the individual who took it.

On 1/6/2018, 10:12:42, kaffeemitmilch said:

I found an SD card at the train station. It has some pictures (I only looked to find clues) that don't really help (and are not explicit :). I know I can turn it in to someone at the station (not sure whom exactly), but is there a board that all Germans, especially younger ones, check? From the photos, it seems they're young, and maybe dancers/breakers, and maybe like to scale buildings. I would hate to lose an SD card with photos, so I'd like to try to get this to them. There aren't too many photos, but whatever.

I've seen people doing parkour aroudn Frankfurt. Maybe search for that. But seriously, lost items at Hbf? Probably the lost and found or stick up a note?

15 hours ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

How does this work?

Just hand it in. There's not "a" board (showing our age here!) there's hundreds...

Just now, sos-the-rope said:

If you're feeling hyperresponsible, you could wipe the SD before handing it in.

Especially since they might get busted for scaling buildings...

On 6.1.2018, 10:12:42, kaffeemitmilch said:

I found an SD card at the train station. It has some pictures (I only looked to find clues) that don't really help (and are not explicit :).

Call me paranoid but usb memory sticks have a long and dubious history of being "lost" in places that people might find them with the hopes of having them connected to systems as a way of spreading malware.  Stuxnet springs to mind.

I know you arent a dictator with a secret nuclear weapons plan, (and you found sd not usb sticks) but Id be a little nervous about connecting media like that to any of my machines.

That's what antiviruses are for. Your own stick can be infected as well if you ever inserted it into foreign PC.

Yes, it is paranoia. Spam offering 1 mln $ lottery win is way more effective than this, and costs nothing.

1 hour ago, zwiebelfisch said:

Call me paranoid but usb memory sticks have a long and dubious history of being "lost" in places that people might find them with the hopes of having them connected to systems as a way of spreading malware.  Stuxnet springs to mind.

I know you arent a dictator with a secret nuclear weapons plan, (and you found sd not usb sticks) but Id be a little nervous about connecting media like that to any of my machines.

13 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

That's what antiviruses are for.

That's what Chromebooks and Chromeboxes are for ;)https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/2017/02/05/how-safe-chromebooks-malware/97463864/

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

That's what antiviruses are for. Your own stick can be infected as well if you ever inserted it into foreign PC.

Yes, it is paranoia. Spam offering 1 mln $ lottery win is way more effective than this, and costs nothing.

Everyone knows if you stick it somewhere else keep it in the polythene bag. Or at least dip it in bleach.