What made you groan today?

140 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I went to pull down my pants.

I don't know about groan, but that just made me growl, then purr. :wub::P

7 hours ago, BradinBayern said:

There is a market niche for someone to come up with a grating for toilets to catch all the cellphones headed for a watery grave.  

Do gratings know the difference between cell phones and the other stuff ?

29 minutes ago, optimista said:

Do gratings know the difference between cell phones and the other stuff ?

The squishy stuff will eventually fall through...

20 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

The squishy stuff will eventually fall through...

...and the cell phones will pile up until it is completely blocked.

^_^

The guy whose dalmatian likes to bite my dog really wanted to try socializing them again today and so I said okay. After all, the last bite incident was in June and my boy is cheery today. His dog dove at my dog and I shouted him off. After that, they observed a wary truce and played with the other dogs. Then, the big dummy decided that great idea was to kneel down to show me how he could feed them each a treat at the same time.

I just got back from the vet. No, I am not suing the guy or trying to extract the measly €100 from him (seriously, my vet asked me this), but come on! Two male dogs who are wary of each other at best need to be left to figure out the little things way before we ask them to tolerate big things like the other eating out of daddy's or mommy's hand.

8 hours ago, BradinBayern said:

The main reason why they use a shredder is because the waste has to be pumped up and out to the main (the main is higher than the toilet) not because of the size of the pipe.

The toilets with a shredder jam up a lot.  No sanitary napkins, etc.  Also they are not cheap.  

I had gone through this comic serious scenario on a new year eve many years ago. We were visiting Germany, Berlin to be precise and staying with a friend in her basement guest room with a toilet having the same shredder contraption and it got blocked by my stupidity. My wife and her friend were freaking out about the cost at year-end evening. Since i was the culprit, so i volunteered to do the ugh ugh work of opening and cleaning the shredder. Fortunately, after a stinky hour, i could save my skin. Lesson learnt too

Received an email from Frankfurt airport lost and found that my Amazon tablet has not been handed in after two weeks.  When leaving, security asked me t take the tablet out of my hand luggage and put it in another tray.  Body scan failed so i had to be physically checked.  Then they searched through my shall I call it 'handbag' and asked questions about everything in it.  Next was my bag that they looked through everything and confiscating my shaving cream because it was bigger than the allowed amount - I suppose they were worried that I would force all the crew to shave.  By this time I was worried about missing my plane so I put my belt on then my coat, grabbed my bags and went off.  At my destination I realised that I had not taken my tablet. 

Yes, it was my responsibility but FFS, they are security, how can it be lost?  When I go back the day after tomorrow, do I create a stink or just forget it?

13 minutes ago, rodisi said:

Received an email from Frankfurt airport lost and found that my Amazon tablet has not been handed in after two weeks.  When leaving, security asked me t take the tablet out of my hand luggage and put it in another tray.  Body scan failed so i had to be physically checked.  Then they searched through my shall I call it 'handbag' and asked questions about everything in it.  Next was my bag that they looked through everything and confiscating my shaving cream because it was bigger than the allowed amount - I suppose they were worried that I would force all the crew to shave.  By this time I was worried about missing my plane so I put my belt on then my coat, grabbed my bags and went off.  At my destination I realised that I had not taken my tablet. 

Yes, it was my responsibility but FFS, they are security, how can it be lost?  When I go back the day after tomorrow, do I create a stink or just forget it?

Sounds like security guy's son got a tablet for Christmas.  

http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1219962,00.html

1 minute ago, BradinBayern said:

Sounds like security guy's son got a tablet for Christmas.  

Exactly what I think.

:P Yes, fraufruit..

I believe you but I´m pretty sure your cell was drunk (personal experience!!)

23 hours ago, RajeshG said:

I had gone through this comic serious scenario on a new year eve many years ago. We were visiting Germany, Berlin to be precise and staying with a friend in her basement guest room with a toilet having the same shredder contraption and it got blocked by my stupidity. My wife and her friend were freaking out about the cost at year-end evening. Since i was the culprit, so i volunteered to do the ugh ugh work of opening and cleaning the shredder. Fortunately, after a stinky hour, i could save my skin. Lesson learnt too

You threw your sanitary napkin into the bowl, didn't you?

I'm groaning because I went straight to work from the airport on indications there was... stuff going on.

I landed in the midst of utter chaos. My company is stark raving mad.

They are blaming the victim and behaving like school kids instead of channelling their energies into finding a solution. Saying YES seems to be so difficult for so many people.

I decided to col steak today.

For the mash, I decided to bake the tatties and they fry the skins in butter and add said butter stuff to mash.

Skins got too hot but I thought I had rescued them from burning.

Poured the stuff in to our *plastic* colunder thing.

Did anyone know those things can melt and that a metal replacement can cost as little as 3 euros on amazon?

19 hours ago, Metall said:

I'm groaning because I went straight to work from the airport on indications there was... stuff going on.

I landed in the midst of utter chaos. My company is stark raving mad.

Even crazier now.

We are moving, or rather reshuffling, within the company building. Our destination office changed FOUR times today. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

No, we don't work in this place.

*groan*