What made you groan today?

121 posts in this topic

*groan* *sigh*

It's a YEAR later, and the Social Seurity Office still hasn't issued our cards - all we have is a handwritten number. The bank turned us down, and I have to fly back to Germany leaving behind a mess.

*groan*

Found an e-mail from Free Tax USA (https://www.freetaxusa.com/), a free online tax service for US Citizens that I've used for about two decades: as of March 15, 2018,  they will no longer be providing services to US Citizens who live in the EU. Oh. Why that?

Now looking for an alternative. Used to love the automatic fill-in boxes, the instant calculations, the pop-up boxes with 'would you like to see how you might reduce your tax owed' type helps. Thinking I might have to go back to doing it all by myself, GROAN, anyone else who has waded through IRS Pub. 54 (https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54), and clicked to the linked in other required Pubs. and there instructions knows why I am groaning. 

Without a doubt:my FEET! BOTH of them. Endless walking on stony paths with dogs and inappropriate shoes today. And hitting my head on a tree in the middle of the pavement (if you can call it that ) in our village -where the trees have branches and prickly things sticking out all over the pavement. :huh:

Hello Lurgey our old friend,

It’s never fun to talk to you again,

I heard the words while I was sleeping,

Please come papa my stomach is seething,

And the vision that was planted in my brain, Still remains,

A bed full, of carrots..

It’s 3am and I’m alone,

Cleaning sponge and bucket groan,

Neath the glow of the bedside lamp,

I close my nose to the stink and dampf,

When my nose was spiked by a smell that should have gone,

Whys it still there,

And I think – oh shit…

And in the naked light I saw,

Shed load of carrots maybe more,

Along the walls it was clinging,

Started dropping as I was looking,

And my words, like silent raindrops fell,

Oh what the hell,

I need some more, water.

I looked at kind and said ‘I know’,

You feel shit and didn’t know,

But hear my words so I might teach you,

So I don’t need to clean up this shit a'new,

Next time, that you think you may be sick,

Try to be sick, in this hear.... Bucket….

Yup, diced carrots, every time. 

You get lots of good Daddy points for doing that stuff, though, eventually.

Renter's son lost his cell phone down the toilet on Xmas Eve. Today, after a weekend of his s**t coming up in the renter below's bathtub, the German plummer crew found the phone, wedged at 8 m depth, in a bend in the sewage pipe. This crew didn't have the equipment to drill/break/suck out the phone, so looking for a crew who can finish the job. Where's MacGyver?

4 minutes ago, cybil said:

Renter's son lost his cell phone down the toilet on Xmas Eve. Today, after a weekend of his s**t coming up in the renter below's bathtub, the German plummer crew found the phone, wedged at 8 m depth, in a bend in the sewage pipe. This crew didn't have the equipment to drill/break/suck out the phone, so looking for a crew who can finish the job. Where's MacGyver?

A tenant of mine did this with a perfume bottle back in the 90's. Here's what you do. You remove and replace the toilet. Crack the toilet with a sledgehammer and take a picture of the phone. Hand the phone back to them with the bill for the new toilet. Use gloves.

1 minute ago, AlexTr said:

A tenant of mine did this with a perfume bottle back in the 90's. Here's what you do. You remove and replace the toilet. Crack the toilet with a sledgehammer and take a picture of the phone. Hand the phone back to them with the bill for the new toilet. Use gloves.

It is wedged in the pipe, not the toilet.

Now the question, how the f&%$ do you get a phone stuck in the pipe? Not only do you have to drop it into the toilet, but then you have to flush it afterwards.  Did he not know he had dropped his phone into the toilet??

:lol:The perfect private Haftpflichtversicherung post. Alex!!! ( Not sure if the gloves are covered, though!!)

3 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

Now the question, how the f&%$ do you get a phone stuck in the pipe? Not only do you have to drop it into the toilet, but then you have to flush it afterwards.  Did he not know he had dropped his phone into the toilet??

Spot on. Same applies.

I am actually very nice as a landlord. Once a very good tenant called me that he had dropped his license in the toilet and wanted to go out partying. Could I come help? I pulled the toilet and extricated the shit covered license and replaced the toilet only charging his for the wax ring and new bolts. 

P.S. to @cybil Cast iron can be cut and repaired if the plumber knows his stuff. My guy always used a reciprocal saw and repaired it with a special patching material then metal tape. 

7 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

Your guess is as good as mine.

@AlexTr The 8 m down curve is located under the floor of the fireplace/Kachelofen apparently so actually cutting into the pipe to free the phone could mean some demo and re-built stuff. Great advise though. Think I'll shove a BIO Dickmanns in my mouth to sooth my nerves. 

15 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Spot on. Same applies.

I am actually very nice as a landlord. Once a very good tenant called me that he had dropped his license in the toilet and wanted to go out partying. Could I come help? I pulled the toilet and extricated the shit covered license and replaced the toilet only charging his for the wax ring and new bolts. 

P.S. to @cybil Cast iron can be cut and repaired if the plumber knows his stuff. My guy always used a reciprocal saw and repaired it with a special patching material then metal tape. 

Pulling a shit covered license out of some toilet in the middle of the night?  I think my dream of becoming a landlord just died :)

57 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

https://www.cnet.com/news/study-19-percent-of-people-drop-phones-down-toilet/

So, almost 20% of people drop their phones in the loo, but how many flush it afterwards? Must be drunk. 

When toilets are installed in a cellar, they need a pumping station.

To garantee safe operation with small tubes a shredder installed before the tube.

Why not use a shredder with normal toilets?

2 hours ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

When toilets are installed in a cellar, they need a pumping station.

To garantee safe operation with small tubes a shredder installed before the tube.

Why not use a shredder with normal toilets?

The main reason why they use a shredder is because the waste has to be pumped up and out to the main (the main is higher than the toilet) not because of the size of the pipe.

The toilets with a shredder jam up a lot.  No sanitary napkins, etc.  Also they are not cheap.  

I almost dropped my cell in a toilet a few days ago. Had forgotten it was in my back pocket when I went to pull down my pants. Had it dropped in, I would not have opted to flush until after removing it. Of course, I was sober.