New Year Resolutions

87 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Guest said:

My resolution is that I will cease to steal panties. 

Jay Layne...had a straaaange hobby!

11 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Piggy I HATE having my topics merged. This is my thread and I am well aware there was such a thread. I don't really care. Developing a thread title takes quite a bit of thought. it is disrespectful of the topic starter to continually merge their stuff. The former three moderators used to do this continually. I stopped posting when their regime was in charge. i am so glad they lost their mod status.

Bayrishdude - you are right. It is ways too many. Gonna have to simplify it.

<.....is praying those 3 mods make a comeback

Spontaneously, I´d say I have three resolutions:

to clean my glasses sometimes

to wear the right ones when going out into the street ( I have two pairs and I can´t tell the difference between them!)

never again to use the wrong room spray..I accidentally tried to spray a room with shaving foam today

(fourth resolution: I try to do stuff early morning without waking the dogs and don´t turn the light on eg make coffee. DOESN´T WORK! ):o

16 minutes ago, john g. said:

(fourth resolution: I try to do stuff early morning without waking the dogs and don´t turn the light on eg make coffee. DOESN´T WORK! ):o

Oh John, life BC (Before Canine) was so easy. I'd arise 5.30, light the fire make a pot of tea and start my stretching routine. Nowadays right in the middle of a bend I hear a "Baff!" upstairs and have to go up and fetch my baby dog, who has woken up on the bed and has greeted me with a waggy tail! Carry her down and give her a bone to munch while I continue!

11 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Oh John, life BC (Before Canine) was so easy. I'd arise 5.30, light the fire make a pot of tea and start my stretching routine. Nowadays right in the middle of a bend I hear a "Baff!" upstairs and have to go up and fetch my baby dog, who has woken up on the bed and has greeted me with a waggy tail! Carry her down and give her a bone to munch while I continue!

There´s a " PC " version of BC these days, jeremy! CE! Common Era!

We both had the other Common Era before the Common Era..Pink Floyd and stuff!!!:lol:

I love your dog!!!

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

<....is praying those 3 mods make a comeback

Same here! :D

I’ve got a few goals for 2018, but the

pertinent one for this forum is:

Slowly wean myself off Toytown and ride

off into the sunset

the proof is in the pudding, so we shall see 

1 hour ago, john g. said:

You ruin your dog or your wife?:lol:

Actually both.Between a pubescent female dog who barks every single time she wants to go out, not to pee but to simply bark at passers by, a teenage daughter and a female wife I have three females to deal with. The Horror. The Horror.

1 hour ago, hooperski said:

Whatever floats your boat!

Ah now don't you start! I have a boat project in the cellar which has been on ice too long. I have just located a source of fibreglass so the project can continue this spring...

4 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Boat and ice, Titanic springs to mind.  Good luck.  Man overboard!

Oh it is only a tiny 8 ft rowing dinghy. Because it is being built in Germany behind enemy lines I shall call it the Cockleshell.

59 minutes ago, Techsmex said:

I’ve got a few goals for 2018, but the

pertinent one for this forum is:

Slowly wean myself off Toytown and ride

off into the sunset

oh man - I'll miss you

but I honestly and sincerely wish you success.  Go!  Go Techsmex!  Be free and happy :)

So my resolution to get fit has started well. 2 hours cross country skiing on a sunny blue sky afternoon with my wife, followed by a hot fruit tea laced with rum sat by a roaring wife by a hot fire.

Or was it a hot wife by a roaring fire?

I'm with @lisa13 on this one in which I don't make New Year's resolutions.  However I'm not looking forward to the New Year's resolution crowd at the gym.  I usually go early in the morning, around 6 AM or so, that way I can lift weights and swim in peace.  I guess I can forget about that in the next 2-3 weeks. :angry:

have you tried Kettlebells @J0ker?  Usually you can get away with just one bell for home use...it's a great way to get some serious full-body exercise at home, and for a few weeks might offer a nice change of pace.

but hey, I don't use mine even though I've been meaning to get back into it - they seem to just offer a toe-stubbing function most days - so what the hell am I talking about? :)

nope, I'M NOT going to use them next year either!

On December 28, 2017 at 4:29:31 PM, jeremytwo said:

Oh it is only a tiny 8 ft rowing dinghy. Because it is being built in Germany behind enemy lines I shall call it the Cockleshell.

Just make sure you can get the boat out of the cellar when finished. Otherwise the Cocklehell Sheroes will be land locked.;)

(not a typo- that was my childhood rendering of the film- watched on a Sunday afternoon on BBC classics!)