New Year Resolutions

87 posts in this topic

Right then,

So here come the new resolutions for the upcoming year. Of course they never last but are fun to make. Here are mine:

1. Learn an instrument - maybe keyboard, tried harmonica but the dog howled!

2. Learn basic drawing and sketching - been on my list for years

3. Finally write a decent web site and/or Android app in Java/HTML/CSS. Any takers?

4. Finish off a carpentry project I have had lying about for ages now.

5. Expand my kitchen abilities

6. Get fit with bodyweight fitness.

7. Train my dog better (I seem to have lost her instruction manual).

Now most likely none of these will reach Jan 2nd, but they are fun to make, all the same. What are yours?

Jeremy, with a list of 7 things, your destined to fail.  Why not one or two per year?  Don't get me wrong lad.  It's a good list, but too much. 

1.  I put on 3kg this year and I want those gone.  I want back down to 77kg.

2.  Be less of an arse.

3.  More of an arse to the house lass.

See?  Easy!   :lol:

He should also learn how to use the search function... this Topic was started in 2008 by techsmex... I think...

As for the other things he wants to do... theoretically, they could have gone in the "Same proceedure as last year" thread...:lol:

Piggy I HATE having my topics merged. This is my thread and I am well aware there was such a thread. I don't really care. Developing a thread title takes quite a bit of thought. it is disrespectful of the topic starter to continually merge their stuff. The former three moderators used to do this continually. I stopped posting when their regime was in charge. i am so glad they lost their mod status.

Bayrishdude - you are right. It is ways too many. Gonna have to simplify it.

2 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

He should also learn how to use the search function... this Topic was started in 2008 by techsmex... I think...

As for the other things he wants to do... theoretically, they could have gone in the "Same proceedure as last year" thread...:lol:

You give angry, lonely, stalkers a bad name.     Did Jeremy break your heart, do your wife, or run over your dog?   Is there a reason that you insist on dragging your conflict into every thread ?    I don't understand why the mods continue to allow your persistent stalking.    How can it be good for the TT business model?

Your resolution should be   "Seek professional help immediately to end the unhealthy obsession with Jeremy."

My resolution is to stretch 3-5 days per week for a minimum of 15 minutes per session.    It is an easy goal to reach and an even easier goal to completely quit or dismiss.

1 minute ago, SA618 said:

My resolution is to stretch 3-5 days per week for a minimum of 15 minutes per session.    It is an easy goal to reach and an even easier goal to completely quit or dismiss.

Sa you have two choices with the stretchy thing. There is Hindu-style yoga - the stuff you see in all classes everywhere now. I'd love to find a complete anatomically comprehensive routine in that system which stretches every single corner of the body - I'm sure it exists.

The other alternative is the Chinese style "Taoist" idea. The one I practice - have done for about 3-4 years - exercises every single nook and cranny of the body, and also massages organs such as lungs and heart while doing so (of course Indian yoga does this also), as well as encouraging Qi energy to flow around the body. Qi is the bioelectric energy formed on what the Chinse call the lower Dantien which experienced monks can lead to wherever they wish in the body. This form is known as Qi gong. It is about 1500 years old and my form - the Eight Pieces of Brocade - is the older brother of Tai Chi (TC is about 300 years old) exercises every segment of the body.

12 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Right then,

So here come the new resolutions for the upcoming year. Of course they never last but are fun to make. Here are mine:

1. Actually put Spiderpig and El-Jeffo on ignore and forget they even exist  

That’s a good idea, dude. Proud of you!

8 minutes ago, Guest said:

That’s a good idea, dude. Proud of you!

*bows*

You've chosen to ignore content by SpiderPig. Options 

6 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

The former three moderators used to do this continually. I stopped posting when their regime was in charge. i am so glad they lost their mod status.

The "former three mods" didn't **lose** their status!

They resigned as they moved on in life. Do keep your alternative facts straight. :D

Hence, I would add:

8. Tell the truth at all times, about myself and others

to your list of New Year's resolutions. ;)

4 hours ago, SA618 said:

It is an easy goal to reach and an even easier goal to completely quit or dismiss.

THIS

that's why I don't make resolutions (or small goals).  Big goals?  no problem, I'm all over it.  Little ones that would directly and drastically improve my life?  meh...I'll do it tomorrow :/

1 hour ago, Metall said:

The "former three mods" didn't **lose** their status!

They resigned as they moved on in life. Do keep your alternative facts straight. :D

I would add 9) People who don’t really know the facts shouldn’t pretend they do. 

The Germans say: Wer keine Ahnung hat soll einfach mal die Fresse halten. 

7 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Another perfectly innocent thread gone to shit.

Could we all make a resolution to stop doing this in 2019?

That would fall under making the world a better place.

185px-Sam_Eagle_-_Uncle_Sam_2014_Faceboo

20 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Another perfectly innocent thread gone to shit.

Could we all make a resolution to stop doing this in 2019?

That would fall under making the world a better place.

Yes, how about Waffenstillstand?

We have people who simply cannot have a decent conversation on this forum (I also have my own conflicts), why simply do not talk to each other at all? Blocking is a really poor mechanism if it is not mutual, because if a blocked person keeps posting under all your posts you know they have written something offensive. 

Waffenstillstand is better.

8 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Waffenstillstand is better.

I think ignore is better. Otherwise we all get dragged into it somehow. Even the what made you smile thread turned into a battlefield yesterday. 

My resolution is that I will cease to steal panties. 

13 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Blocking is a really poor mechanism if it is not mutual, because if a blocked person keeps posting under all your posts you know they have written something offensive. 

You mean the ignore function?  I do not know what someone on my ignore list has posted under one of my posts unless another poster quotes it.

It is rather the point of the function.

Of course, you need to not peek, but seeing as you have put them on ignore in the first place, that should not be a big problem

To each their own, of course.

Back to the topic:

1. Recover from injury so that I can get back to the Alps in summer.

2. No particular plans for the peaks, I think I will stick to Allgäu. Or maybe repeat Alpspitze. That was my dream which came true this year, but my mistake was I did Alpspitz-Ferrata downhill, that was fucking tough, although the route itself is easy. Due to the fog, I haven't enjoyed the view which upset me. If I recover enough, I will try it again in August, this time the correct way: Alpspitz-Ferrata uphill.

3. Reduce sugar consumption. I am already down on chocolate, my dentist didn't do any work this year, and I hope he will not do more than one filling next year. The big goal is to drink coffee completely without sugar. That is way more difficult than mastering Zugspitze via Jubiläumsgrat for me!