Documents not transferred from Frankfurt Ausländerbehörde to other ABH

21 posts in this topic

Hello,

I think I am in tricky situation here, I have type-D visa and recently I have applied for the Blue Card in the Ausländerbehörde referencing my residence address, it is small Kreis near Frankfurt. But my Immigration File or documents are in the Frankfurt Ausländerbehörde. The small Ausländerbehörde had requested my immigration file from Frankfurt but it had not yet arrived. It have been a month or more since the date of my application and I am starting to be very worry. Is it normal that it is requiring so much time or do you think that it should be a problem with that ?

I have contacted many times my Ausländerbehörde and they are saying that they are just waiting for the immigration file to be arrived and every thing else is fine.

What should I do , is it a good idea to go to the Frankfurt Ausländerbehörde and to request them in person to send my immigration file to the other Ausländerbehörde ?

Marry Christmas to all!

Thanks

28 minutes ago, Vilnius said:

Is it normal that it is requiring so much time 

Yes, 4 weeks is nothing for Germany bureaucracy.

I have contacted many times my Ausländerbehörde and they are saying that they are just waiting for the immigration file to be arrived and every thing else is fine.

Fine, don't worry then.

What should I do

Nothing. Just wait. 

10 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

Yes, 4 weeks is nothing for Germany bureaucracy.

Fine, don't worry then.

Nothing. Just wait. 

Yes, but how can I be sure that they have got the request ? How much time does it really requires ? 

2 minutes ago, Vilnius said:

Yes, but how can I be sure that they have got the request ?

You can't. And they won't tell you. It's the small Kreis' Ausländerbehördes job to request it and that's it.

2 minutes ago, Vilnius said:

How much time does it really requires ? 

There is no standard time, depends on the workload, the number of employees and it's holiday season now. 

8 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

You can't. And they won't tell you. It's the small Kreis' Ausländerbehördes job to request it and that's it.

There is no standard time, depends on the workload, the number of employees and it's holiday season now. 

Yes, the Frankfurt Ausländerbehörde is really busy and on a high workload. 

Many thanks for your responses.

I was at Frankfurt Ausländerbehörde to ask if they had send the documents and they confirmed that they have send my immigration documents at 14 Dec to the other  Ausländerbehörde. But  the other small Ausländerbehörde continues to say that they have not receive anything.

I am starting to get very worry because I think that it is not normal that it requires 3 weeks to send documents by using snail post.

What do you think ?

1 hour ago, Vilnius said:

I was at Frankfurt Ausländerbehörde to ask if they had send the documents and they confirmed that they have send my immigration documents at 14 Dec to the other  Ausländerbehörde. 

I am starting to get very worry because I think that it is not normal that it requires 3 weeks to send documents by using snail post.

That's 12 working days until today, not 3 weeks – in a time when many employees go on holiday because schools are closed and children have to stay at home. That's what I think. 

From Dortmund to 40km away, it took more than a month. Just relax. Why are you worried anyway?. If your visa expires they will give you interim documents to stay and work. I was on interim work and residence permit for weeks before they sorted it out

10 hours ago, Vilnius said:

I was at Frankfurt Ausländerbehörde to ask if they had send the documents and they confirmed that they have send my immigration documents at 14 Dec to the other  Ausländerbehörde. But  the other small Ausländerbehörde continues to say that they have not receive anything.

What do you think ?

Me too I have been on interim sticket for weeks before getting permanent one or an extension, it lays in them not on your that delay ... ?

10 hours ago, jubinjohn said:

From Dortmund to 40km away, it took more than a month. Just relax. Why are you worried anyway?. If your visa expires they will give you interim documents to stay and work. I was on interim work and residence permit for weeks before they sorted it out

My visa have a lot of time ahead to expire but the problem is that I need to change my job and the new job starts at 15 January so I need that my immigration file to transferred in order to get the interim permit for the new job.

2 hours ago, atinherne said:

Me too I have been on interim sticket for weeks before getting permanent one or an extension, it lays in them not on your that delay ... ?

The problem is that I need to change my job and the new job starts at 15 January so I need that my immigration file to transferred in order to get the interim permit for the new job. That's why I am in hurry and worried.

4 hours ago, Vilnius said:

The problem is that I need to change my job and the new job starts at 15 January so I need that my immigration file to transferred in order to get the interim permit for the new job. That's why I am in hurry and worried.

And for that delay you should be able to have a sticker and will be not an issue in new job! Also went through that!

4 hours ago, Vilnius said:

Take your passport, Anmeldebestätigung, degree, and work contract to your new ABH and ask for a Fiktionsbescheinigung so that you can start working.

7 hours ago, atinherne said:

And for that delay you should be able to have a sticker and will be not an issue in new job! Also went through that!

Yes I have been there but they are saying that they can not issue a Fiktionsbescheinigung without the immigration file. 

7 hours ago, engelchen said:

Take your passport, Anmeldebestätigung, degree, and work contract to your new ABH and ask for a Fiktionsbescheinigung so that you can start working.

Yes I was before 1 month there to make my Blue Card application and for the same reason my application is not completed yet (all my documents are ready and correct but they are waiting the immigration file and after that they will order for printing my Blue Card).   

On 1/4/2018, 11:01:42, Vilnius said:

Yes I was before 1 month there to make my Blue Card application and for the same reason my application is not completed yet (all my documents are ready and correct but they are waiting the immigration file and after that they will order for printing my Blue Card).   

Hi Vilnius,

I hope your issue was resolved. May I ask how? My friend is in the exact situation where he has a job offer and needs to convert his student visa to Blue Card but his immigration file has been sent by previous Ausländerbehörde but not received at the new one since almost 3 months now.

I think a Fiktionsbescheinigung would only extend his current student status but not allow to work full-time.

Mine actually arrived, it took about 8 weeks(for just 40 km distance and when there was not much load ). If you have changed address and have make a anmeldung then the new Immigration Office is responsible for you. The first thing you can do is by continue asking your new Immigration Office if the file have arrived, but also asking the old Immigration Office too if they have send it or not. But moving a file across different federal states does take some time, 3 month I think is normal, it can also take even 4 month too.

Hallo Members, 

Iam also facing this issue. I got blue card from Berlin. Currently in Wiesbaden. I got a new Job offer from a company based on Dusseldorf. I am almost 45 days in waiting to transfer my documents from Berlin to Wiesbaden. 

What I have to do. Shall I go Dusseldorf or wait still at wiesbasen auslander Behörde. 

Kindly advise. 

Regards 

Amal

+4915166527368 

Hello @Amal Babu

I am in a similar situation and waiting for my files to arrive at Oberhausen office from Dresden office. It's been 2 months since I'm waiting and wanted to estimate how long it might take.

How long did it take for you to get your files transferred from Berlin to Wiesbaden? 

Thank you

Akshay

@akkiha how long did you have to wait at the end? And what did you do meanwhile? 

My boyfriend just got fired from his job and his work permit was tied to the employer. We notified the AB and they told us they requested the documents from Dortmund (we are living in Hamburg now). If it really takes that long what can we do meanwhile? Can he work somewhere else? Also asking  @engelchen here, if you know if he could just work somewhere else (even a minijob would be fine) just to sustain himself meanwhile? Otherwise the money will run out quickly.. :(